Sponsored

iDNET reporting major outage

Mike80

Casual Member
It appears IDNET is suffering from a major problem. This appears to have begun at around 11:45am this morning and has resulted in complete loss of internet connectivity

When you call IDNET, they've got a message speaking of a major outage.

In the meantime, if you try and connect you get routed to the BT Wholesale service page:

1634124205322.png

This is where having a 4G back-up comes in really handy :)

Mike80

Casual Member
IDNET Network status now updated to show:

Notifications​

Broadband - ADSL/FTTC/FTTP
Some customers may be experiencing intermittent loss of connectivity at present due to an issue with one of our suppliers networks, their engineers are currently investigating.

Rebooting your router may bring the connection back online.

Further updates will be posted as soon as we receive them

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Posted: 2021-10-13 12:00:54 Updated: 2021-10-13 12:00:54

Mike80

Casual Member
IDNET has advised everyone to power down their routers down for five minutes and try reconnecting.

As I've found out, that's still not working.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Zen Internet has also been hit by a similar power issue, which seems related to BT / BT / Openreach's side. But there are a string of faults occurring today, so it's difficult to know which ones are causing the biggest bother.

Simmie

I was offline for about 2 hours, very annoying, there was an initial fix reported then authentication issues for a bit. IDNet say:

***UPDATE**** Suppliers have confirmed a power outage within one of their data centres was the cause of the issue which has now been resolved.

If your connection is still down, please power off your router for 5 minutes and back on again before retesting.

***UPDATE 2**** Due to a secondary issue, some customers are still unable to authenticate which is under investigation by supplier engineers at present and further updates will follow.

***UPDATE 3**** Suppliers have now advised the authentication issues should now be resolved. If your connection has not come back online, please power off your router for 5 minutes and back on again, authentication servers on suppliers network are very busy so it is possible this could take more than one attempt to reconnect.

Mike80

Casual Member
Well I'm pleased to say connectivity has now returned for me.

But there may well be some who have been away while this happened, and do need to power off their router to get things working again.

Phil2021

Casual Member
Think this was affecting everyone on IDNet that are using Zen backhaul, took me about an hour before PPP came back up correctly (rather than going to the BT diagnostic network) after they indicated it was fixed.

I also love the way IDNet have now removed all traces there was a problem from their service status page, so anyone coming home and getting complaints from their family or finding their internet still off line, can't see what it was.

Obviously IDNet doesn't think it looks good to show they've had a fault, or think their customers warrant an explanation.

Mike80

Casual Member
Think this was affecting everyone on IDNet that are using Zen backhaul, took me about an hour before PPP came back up correctly (rather than going to the BT diagnostic network) after they indicated it was fixed.

I also love the way IDNet have now removed all traces there was a problem from their service status page, so anyone coming home and getting complaints from their family or finding their internet still off line, can't see what it was.

Obviously IDNet doesn't think it looks good to show they've had a fault, or think their customers warrant an explanation.

For posterity:

1634142623151.png

vcommsmind

Top Member
Zen Internet has also been hit by a similar power issue, which seems related to BT / BT / Openreach's side. But there are a string of faults occurring today, so it's difficult to know which ones are causing the biggest bother.

The issue IDNET had was Zen. They use Zen Wholesale (as do others). Zen's power loss at the HQ datacentre (another story entirely as to how that was a thing) caused some circuits to be broken. They're directly related.

vcommsmind

Top Member
Not everyone using idnet with Zen Wholesale backhaul circuits were affected.

candlerb

That's a poor show. Their status page *does* show other previous events, so it'd be interesting to hear their side as to why they decided to rewrite history in this case.

vcommsmind

Top Member
That's a poor show. Their status page *does* show other previous events, so it'd be interesting to hear their side as to why they decided to rewrite history in this case.
Nope, it doesn't. It shows a feed of BT Wholesale fault reports (the right hand side) - it does not show a history of idnet faults.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPERFALL21
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.00 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*27.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPERFALL21
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3570)
  2. BT (3023)
  3. Politics (1941)
  4. Building Digital UK (1929)
  5. FTTC (1888)
  6. Openreach (1837)
  7. Business (1693)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1480)
  9. Statistics (1410)
  10. FTTH (1365)
  11. 4G (1277)
  12. Fibre Optic (1174)
  13. Virgin Media (1173)
  14. Wireless Internet (1163)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1149)
  16. Vodafone (846)
  17. EE (835)
  18. 5G (772)
  19. TalkTalk (769)
  20. Sky Broadband (747)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules