Sponsored

If you got isdn and want 128k join quik internet

Neone thinking about joining this isp or neone who is looking for a decient 128k isp should defo go with these guys

i have had solid support and usage from them and ther speed and service is amazing

i would like to thank all the staff at quik for there brilliant service during my isdn days but i move to a faster pace now

like i said, want good service and support ...you cant beat quik

ps i dont work for them just had great service during my time with them

THANKS

horatioh

ISP Rep
He's right on both counts, he doesn't work for us, and you should join Quik!

Sorry, shameless plug, but I'm just checking my Rep status :cool:

Sorry to lose you

Pencil

Sorry to hear you are leaving, presumably for ADSL. We are having our BT Central pipe installed this week so if you are looking for a provider give us a call.

The one thing that we try and do is give service, and we appreciate your comments.

I hope that your new connection works out ok, and thanks for your input, particularly late last year when you provided feedback on a number of issues.

Kindest Regards

dc'

What usage would you offer PM??

HI DAVID

Yep i move to adsl m8 hopefully a 2mg service will you guys be doing 2mg?

i have suffered with isdn long enough so 2mg will make up for it

cheers for your help aswell made it very pleasant

with regards to cancelling will i need to write in or how can i do it

thanks again

ADSL 2mb

Pencil

Sorry for delay in answering. In order to cancel just email or call. With respect to ADSL we will be doing the 2mb. In fact, we are offering all products 1/2mb 50:1, and then 1/2, 1 and 2mb 20:1.

But we will be focussing on the 20:1. Some ISP's are selling the 50:1 at prices that we can't match. No matter how many times Mark Jackson from ISPR cautions against what he calls "questionable economics" it seems that the mass market just looks at a headline price and forgets everything else.

Our experience sadly, is that we can't mass sell into the residential market because of this. I see that the lowest cost player has gone today, and many of the people who signed up will no doubt be trying to get some money back, just to give to the next lowest in the market.

So, we would be pleased to provide you with a 2mb connection, and we hope to finalise prices tomorrow, and they will be competitive.

We will also be making sure that there is no bottle neck in our service so that we deliver as good a service as possible.

Regards

joe pattinson

Casual Member
Hmm,
Mediaways would probably rule me out from signing up. I stay in scotland and any service through mediaways is crap up here. Busy lines every night.
Joe.:(

Which ports to Quik use

Joe/Speedy

We have some ports (10 in use I think) with Media ways on a trial basis. We have allocated these as secondary numbers to customers in England who use single channel.

We have a 3 figure number of ports with BT, and almost 100 ports with COLT telecom.

We have never had ports with NTL.

According to the May issue of one of the leading mags, we are 14th best performing ISP for 0845 and this is based on COLT. We have made sure that we have more than enough bandwith for our traffic and it seems to give us consistently good results.

We can't control the bandwidth on BT, we do operate at a low contention. Officially it is 10:1 but as our customers can testify, busy signals are low, because our contention is much lower.

We will eventualy state this officially.

By having ports with three telcos we should have resilience/backup in case of an emergency with a telco. Also, some customers seem to have trouble connecting with one telco but not others, so the 3 telco solution helps.

Regards

joe pattinson

Casual Member
David,
On the £30 10:1 contended package if you set up a connection at 64k would that give you 300hrs per month? Dont always need to connect at 128k.
Joe.

i can honestly say guys that these guys are no cowboys

i never really had a problem besides some ironing out on my end and also quik when after something they did inproved my game ping and eveything

i think ( dont quote me on this that they use COLT) hardly the crap you would get from mediaways

these guys do great service...you pay a little more but at least you are safe and sound so to say

thanks again guys and i will be looking in your 2 mg product just because you gave me great isdn service im sure your adsl will be better!

thanks

Last edited:
Maximum Hours

Joe

Yes. our £ 30 + VAT is a maximum 150 hours at dual channel or 300 at single channel.

Regards

A.D.B.M

Top Member
The ISDN packages all seem a lot of money per month for very little hours per month.
As for the contention ratios being what the provider says, I would have to say (take it with a pinch of salt). If you surf at 3 in the morning its fast, try it at 7 in the evening slow and engaged tones, that’s contention ratios. Also the fact that you can only have a price linked product aimed at the amount of surfing hours, doesn’t that mean you have a built in contention ratio anyway.
I think I will wait to see what BTs midband is all about. I won’t be holding my breath though.
:shrug:

horatioh

ISP Rep
Do you just post this nonsense against every ISP A.D.B.M?

Our ISDN packages are very reasonably priced as I'm sure our customers will testify. We're competitive without driving ourselves out of business and we're regularly complemented on our support and the way we go about business.

If you need further evidence, compare the reports of problems in our forum to some of our competitors. And then look at ISPReviews topten ISP list.

As for the pinch of salt to be taken with our contention, your assuming all ISPs have a bandwidth contention problem - thats simply not the case - if you get online with us, you'll get the same speed of service at 7pm or 3am. We've hit this problem in the past and rectified it, as previous posts in this forum will show.

For the record, contention for ISDN and modem customers has nothing to do with the speed of service. In our case, contention specifically means the number of ports purchased against the number of users we have. That contention is advertised as 10:1 but is in fact much closer to 6:1 and has never risen above 8:1.

Whats with the 'you can only have a price linked product aimed at the amount of surfing hours' comment? We deal with three of the UK's biggest telcos (BT, Colt, Mediaways) and they only supply this type of product. Not to mention as an international ISP with 220+ offices throughout the world, we've dealt with a lot more telcos who also offer no other type of product. We're not talking ADSL here!

Sorry for the rant ADBM, but to me it looks like you came into the Quik forum for no other reason that to whinge about ISPs in general - and it isn't the first time. Any internet user looking for an ISP and reading through this forum would do well to ignore the comments of someone who clearly has not used our service.

Hayden
Quik UK

Last edited:

Techno Wolf

Pro Member
horatioh said:
..If you need further evidence, compare the reports of problems in our forum to some of our competitors.

Hayden
Quik UK
Out of interest, how do you get to your support forums? I can't seem to find them on your site.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2191)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1603)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1416)
  7. Business (1236)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1035)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (896)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (516)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules