Sponsored Links

Incorrect address on phoneline

Sundried

Hi,

Currently with XLN, received a letter stating prices were going up, have 30 days to leave before prices take effect (I'm certain we are out of contract however) shopped around and managed to sign up to a highly reviewed ISP on here.

Problem is with my current phone line its registered to an incorrect postcode. The new provider advised that our current ISP should never have provided broadband with an incorrect address key. Something about silver address key?

I rang XLN, took almost 30 minutes but got put through to the provisioning team who stated that they cannot go to BT Wholesale without a good reason to change the address and the fact that we have been with them over 2 years means that the address they had at the time was acceptable so they are unwilling to help.

Any thoughts, do I escalate the matter with XLN or do I just cut my losses and sign up for a new line; although I do have a nice number on the line I would prefer to retain.

You'd probably have to persist with XLN to get to them to rectify their issue.

However it's going to be significantly easier and less time consuming to just take a new line and then you won't have to deal with the issues - plus you know that the problem won't happen again that way.

I've had a similar problem recently, moved into a house which it turned out had an incorrect address on Openreach database, and had a nightmare trying to get Sky to change it from a silver to gold address key.
After nearly seven weeks without any broadband I gave up and ordered a second ine and BB connection with BT... 10 days later all done and connected with BT. I gave up on Sky !!

Sponsored Links
Sky were getting a new customer and could not be bothered to sort RichardF's problem, XLN are going to lose you so have even less incentive to do anything. New line short circuits the issue.

Hi Sundried, As resellers we help/advise a lot of customers about porting numbers. What a lot of telecoms company's forget to tell their customers is you have a right by law to port (move) your telephone number to which ever supplier you want.

Source Ofcom: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofco...news/we-fight-for-your-right-to-port-a-number

There is a port override process now in the UK to try and help customers port (move) their telephone numbers: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofco...-protections-stamp-out-switching-frustrations

Hope this helps, Ell

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5445)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2227)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1955)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1649)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1447)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules