Sponsored

Installation Warning

TonyBrown

A warning to anyone thinking of taking up the Aramiska service. If you are in a remote area (just the sort of place that may require a satellite system), their installers find it difficult to get to you because it is a long way!!

Our installation was supposed to be yesterday. This was already a month after we signed up. They had some technical problem yesterday, which prevent them completing, so they never got to us. Fair enough, these things happen.

However, they were working several hours away from us. At 3.30, Aramiska Care said they were on the way, at 4.00 the installers said they hadn't left the previous site, and would not be coming, and couldn't say when they would. Why it took until 4.00 to realise installation was impossible I don't know.

Today, they are suggesting 2nd October for installation, a further 2 weeks. Apparently this is because we are difficult to get to (North Devon, maybe not central England, but not exactly remote either).

I am raising this strongly through my sales rep, and Aramiska Care, since I feel Aramiska should find a way of getting the installation completed. I can't believe there is only one team that is capable of performing this installation.

I will post here again when I finally get an installation, or cancel.

If any Aramiska Reps are looking, the installation is in the name of Beran.

Tony Brown
North Devon
Very P....d Off

Bartman

I assume your not being charged the monthly subscription yet?

TonyBrown

Since Aramiska don't seem to be wanting to improve my install date, I sent a simple one line question to Aramiska Care yesterday (24 hours ago). It said:-

"Please can you confirm that installation on 2nd October is outside the Aramiska Installation SLA"

No response what so ever!

I can't believe the quality of service they are providing.

The Aramiska SLA says that installation will be within 30 working days, or else minor penalties will apply. (Just a side note, the main Aramiska SLA also gives performance criteria, but if they don't fulfill, there are no penalties whatsoever! Surely an SLA without some recompence is not worthy of the name)

Mike Peachey has been trying to get something to happen, but so far no positive feedback. Mike, since you now have copies of the correspondance between Aramiska and myself, can I ask:-

Firstly, can you confirm for others reading this thread there are no hidden issues here, apart from those I have described. I know sometimes these threads only show 50% of the story

Secondly, can you put into the public domain through this thread whether you feel this situation is acceptable.

Tony Brown
Still using Slow Internet Access in Devon

Bartman

For the price it costs, I know I would have cancelled by now. Running something of a difficult nature (two way sat system) and paying a huge amount each month for it, I would have to be assured of good service. If you have had little from them in the timeframe you mentioned, I would cancel it all and demand my money back.

May I ask again if you are being charged the monthly fee while they attempt to sort this out?

TonyBrown

No, they haven't taken any money yet. However, I somehow suspect that their Accounts are slightly more efficient than their installation and support (at least as far as taking funds, refunds is probably a different issue).

Unfortunately, we seem to have little choice. We need the bandwidth, and there are very few two way satellite suppliers with a good reputation (maybe even less now!). I spent a long while checking them out with existing customers, and they all said the service delivered OK technically.

keithcalder

ULTIMATE Member
Hope youare not expecting unlimited downloads either as these sat companies are famous for selling an unlimited package and then implementing the renowned " Fair Usage Policy" which basically fubars any chance of downloading large amounts even though its unlimited. Worth remembering before you select a package.

TonyBrown

Aramiska's FUP is 10 times the Average of all customers on the same tarrif, averaged over a 30 day period, between 8am and 8pm.

Easy then, you just ask all the other users how much they are downloading, average it, and multiply by 10. Nothing like a simple to measure policy.

Maybe if we all got together, and agreed to increase our downloads by a factor of 10 we would all be OK, since the average would go up!!!

I also got the following quote during the sales process:-
"Our Fair user policy is based on extreme use of multiple Gbytes per day.". This quote was given by a senior Aramiska person (I won't publish his name in open forum)

This says to me that at least 2 GBytes per day is acceptable. I think this is around 5 hours continuous download on an ARC 1024.

Last edited:

evs67uk

ISP Rep
Delayed install

Hi Tony,
I am really sorry to hear that you have had a bit of a nightmare getting our service installed.
I can guarantee you that they will not bill you for the service until it has been installed & working.
The issue of unlimited downloads will run & run....we do offer unlimited downloads but the FUP has to be in place to stop abuse of the service as the service is sold to businesses for business use.
There are not many businesses that would use a broadband connection for multiple gig's per day.
If you still have no joy with the install tomorrow, please feel free to call me on 07976 230099 & I will do everything to assist you.
I can guarantee that the product works incredibly well & I am sorry that you have had such a bad introduction to Aramiska.
Many thanks in advance
Mike Evans

TonyBrown

Just a update for those of you who are bored with Coronation Street and Emmerdale, and like a bit of real life soap....

Still nothing at all from Aramiska support/installations. I resent my email from a couple of days ago to Aramiska Care asking for clarification on the SLA four hours ago. Still no reply.

I guess the chances of getting an earlier installation are fast vanishing, since we will soon be into next week, and Thursday is the promised day.

Just a word of thanks to the various Aramiska UK sales guys (Mike P, Mike E and Brett) who have taken this up on my behalf. I guess is must be frustrating for you trying to build a good image, then your company letting you down like this.

TonyBrown

It would appear the impossible is possible after all.

I have just been told by Aramiska that the system will be installed tomorrow (Thursday)

Should I hold my breath?

keithcalder

ULTIMATE Member
I wish you the best of luck and hope it all goes well for you. I had the unfortunate experience of having to build the sat dish and help with the install of my vsat when I had it from BT. The guys that did mine didn't have much of a clue to be honest, which wasn't really their fault but there you are. They still charged me the whole £250 install fee though, no discount for doing the job yourself then. I even had to cut traps in my floor to give them access and I do remember being asked for the use of a spirit level as well.:confused:

Ah well thats BT for ya!!

TonyBrown

Well, we finally got there. ISPReview is flying on 1024M broadband. I would like to think Aramiska would have done this without the influence of the UK Aramiska sales team, however I suspect otherwise. Again, my thanks to all those who applied pressure on our behalf.

For those thinking about following this route, everyone here agrees it has made a massive improvement on our Internet access (previously on 64k ISDN), just a shame there was so much grief getting here.

Happily on broadband in Devon
Tony Brown

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: HYPER19
  • Vodafone £21.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Amazon Echo Plus
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Gift: None
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2428)
  2. FTTP (2040)
  3. FTTC (1613)
  4. Building Digital UK (1557)
  5. Politics (1355)
  6. Openreach (1352)
  7. Business (1191)
  8. Statistics (1055)
  9. FTTH (988)
  10. Mobile Broadband (984)
  11. Fibre Optic (948)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (891)
  13. Wireless Internet (873)
  14. 4G (858)
  15. Virgin Media (819)
  16. Sky Broadband (577)
  17. EE (564)
  18. TalkTalk (559)
  19. Vodafone (484)
  20. Security (399)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules