Sponsored Links

Internet speed is fine but nothing loads?

Skywalkerr.

So I have had this issue for the past couple days where my internet would go down for a couple minutes and nothing would load (webpages, YouTube videos etc) and then after a couple minutes it would come back. The weird thing is, the routers and modem don’t go down when the internet goes down, no red lights no nothing. I have my own linksys AX4200 as the main router and then have a child node that is wirelessly connected and that router is a MX5400 which is a CF router. I’m on the 500GB package and I rang CF yesterday and apparently my MAC address was full so they told my to switch the modem off from the mains and wait a little bit and plug it back in, it worked for a little bit but when back to things not loading. Anyone know what I could do to fix this?

Not seen this one before. Sounds like a problem with CGNAT to me. Can you try having a constant pong going on so you can confirm the internet is actually down at times?

Sponsored Links
So I have had this issue for the past couple days where my internet would go down for a couple minutes and nothing would load (webpages, YouTube videos etc) and then after a couple minutes it would come back. The weird thing is, the routers and modem don’t go down when the internet goes down, no red lights no nothing. I have my own linksys AX4200 as the main router and then have a child node that is wirelessly connected and that router is a MX5400 which is a CF router. I’m on the 500GB package and I rang CF yesterday and apparently my MAC address was full so they told my to switch the modem off from the mains and wait a little bit and plug it back in, it worked for a little bit but when back to things not loading. Anyone know what I could do to fix this?
Did you ever work out what "my MAC address was full" meant?

When things stop loading, there are two key aspects that can be debugged via Windows PowerShell/CLI. You can check "ping 8.8.8.8" as mentioned to verify routing to the outside world is fine, and you can also "nslookup bbc.co.uk" to ensure that name lookups succeed. Multiple devices can then be checked. Often, all it requires is disconnecting a laptop or tablet from WiFi and reconnecting to clear transient issues impacting a single device.

Sponsored Links
@Qbcd

No outage here. A change of public IP address on the CGNAT this morning (possibly around 4:30am) but all working as normal.

@Skywalkerr

There are a few things that it might be, I've not observed an effect as you describe.

It's a bit difficult to gather data with short outages but pings to an IP address (say 8.8.8.8) and an address such as google.co.uk might show something.

If 8.8.8.8 works during the outage but google.co.uk doesn't it points to a DNS problem.

Edit:

This might be worth a read

Did you ever work out what "my MAC address was full" meant?

When things stop loading, there are two key aspects that can be debugged via Windows PowerShell/CLI. You can check "ping 8.8.8.8" as mentioned to verify routing to the outside world is fine, and you can also "nslookup bbc.co.uk" to ensure that name lookups succeed. Multiple devices can then be checked. Often, all it requires is disconnecting a laptop or tablet from WiFi and reconnecting to clear transient issues impacting a single device.
So the person from CF mentioned it’s because multiple routers were connected as the main router. If you see my previous post here I had issues with the main router from CF being faulty. So that would be one router, I then connected the Ethernet from the modem to the laptop which he said that’s a second router and then now my own one which is a third router. He said these MAC address normally can’t take more than 1 router.

@Qbcd

No outage here. A change of public IP address on the CGNAT this morning (possibly around 4:30am) but all working as normal.

Hm maybe this is what caused it for me, I see on DownDetector a big spike beginning around that time and still continuing. No one else is having/had an outage?

Tried to contact them via chat and it told me to wait 25 mins. I couldn't because I had to work, so I just connected my phone to my router and will check later to see if CF is working.

Sponsored Links
Another CGNAT fiasco with lots of people posting on twitter, working fine here on non-CGNAT.

Ah ok so it's not just me. I've been with CF for 1 month and in that month they've had 2 outages, both in the morning on work days. They need to fix their s**t.

Another CGNAT fiasco with lots of people posting on twitter, working fine here on non-CGNAT.
Maybe.

Not universal unlike some of the previous ones it seems (certainly I didn't/don't have an outage) and I have CGNAT

I wonder if it is a failure of links between local active equipment covering a part of London and the Community Fibre "core network".

I'm starting to wonder if we need an "outage of the day" thread!

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 67
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • UtilityWarehouse £19.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • NOW £23.00
    Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00
    Speed 73 - 82Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £24.99
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Zzoomm £19.95
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • YouFibre £19.99
  • Community Fibre £20.00
  • BeFibre £21.00
    Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Sponsored Links
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5385)
  2. BT (3490)
  3. Politics (2494)
  4. Openreach (2275)
  5. Business (2221)
  6. Building Digital UK (2215)
  7. FTTC (2038)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1940)
  9. Statistics (1763)
  10. 4G (1639)
  11. Virgin Media (1589)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1438)
  13. FTTH (1379)
  14. Wireless Internet (1378)
  15. Fibre Optic (1375)
  16. 5G (1215)
  17. Vodafone (1126)
  18. EE (1111)
  19. TalkTalk (927)
  20. O2 (914)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules