Sponsored Links

Internet speed is fine but nothing loads?

Got this. So it does look like my devices do disconnected from wifi when it drops.
If the ping was done when devices have dropped then the device pinging got to 8.8.8.8

Could you also ping google.co.uk during a drop?

I might try disabling IPv6 on the Linksys AX4200 (as the reddit article I previously linked to suggested might help).

I'm minded towards a Linksys problem rather than anything else.

Sponsored Links
CF answered today.
Hi , all package support CGNAT except for the 3Gbps package. Kind Regards, The Community Fibre Team
Quite logical, They are not going to pay for more IPv4l. I did my initial contract a week after they changed the CGNAT from 1Gb so I got the 3Gbit. Im happy I did it. (Im least for my use case)

What’s the benefit with not having CGNAT?
routable IPV4. Control of your ports (port forwarding, exposing services from inside your home.) easy tailscale/mesh-vpn direct conenctions even if the other end is hard-NATed?

And the best (as far as I ready in this forum...) CGNAT has already 2 days down since I follow this forum.. Users are behind a CF router.. If that setup goes down then CGNAT users are affected in bulk.. (I hope they are CGNAT users segmented (I have no idea of the setup if anyone knows Id like to learn more)

With a decent reverse tunnel solution CGNAT should be a non-issue. However the recent outages and speed issues have impacted CGNAT customers mostly so it appears this kit is more complex than CF can manage to keep a 24/7 service uptime.

If the ping was done when devices have dropped then the device pinging got to 8.8.8.8

Could you also ping google.co.uk during a drop?

I might try disabling IPv6 on the Linksys AX4200 (as the reddit article I previously linked to suggested might help).

I'm minded towards a Linksys problem rather than anything else.
Hi Barnet, internet went down again and got this when I pinged google.co.uk

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    19 KB · Views: 36
Sponsored Links
Hi Barnet, internet went down again and got this when I pinged google.co.uk
When this stuff happens again try this command instead: tracert 8.8.8.8

It will check all the points between you and that IP which is Googles DNS service. It will very likely reveal more information as if your internet is fully down, DNS is down and it cannot resolve google.co.uk to be able to ping it etc

What’s the benefit with not having CGNAT?
As a CGNAT user I’ve pretty much had zero issues.

It’s only complex if you need access to your home system remotely or CCTV.

Otherwise no difference.

I’m Cityfibre on OctaPlus who are CGNAT.

When this stuff happens again try this command instead: tracert 8.8.8.8

It will check all the points between you and that IP which is Googles DNS service. It will very likely reveal more information as if your internet is fully down, DNS is down and it cannot resolve google.co.uk to be able to ping it etc
Will try next time its down. CF gave me a two troubleshooting steps to try.
I tried the first one and channel finder on Thursday and after that I didn't have any dropouts until today at around 7:40am. I just disabled Ipv6 like it says and my internet is working again but I feel like another dropout will happen like how I have been experiencing the entire week. Anything else I could try/make CF do?
Also, is there any cons with have Ipv6 off long term?

1)Reboot Modem, Router:

-Please unplug ALL the cables going into your Black Adtran modem (Green and white fibre cable, power cable and an ethernet cable), as well as all the cables going into the routers (white towers) and leave ALL these devices unplugged for 3-5 minutes.

-After this, you should plug the devices back in starting with the modem first (wait for 2 solid green lights to appear then plug the router back in as you found it before): Modem -> then Main router

-Once all the devices are up and running (Routers should show a solid blue light and modem should have 3 green lights), try connecting to the devices that were giving issues and monitor this.

2) Channel Finder & Disable Ipv6 (Specific for Slow speeds/drops in connection):
Please follow the steps to increase your connection between the Linksys Router (the one with the blue light on top) and your devices by disabling ipv6 and run channel finder via the Linksys app

Download the "Linksys" app on the app store (IOS/Android)
-Select the "Manage your WIFI" option, then go to router password and enter the details required (This should all be underneath the router on a label)

Run Channel Finder
Select menu (top left corner inside the Linksys app) ->Wi-fi Settings ->Advanced WI-FI Settings ->Run Channel Finder -> Scan Channels
This option it will move your router on a free channel, a channel that is not used by your neighbour’s, also it will increase your WIFI connectivity between your devices and the Linksys Router.

(After the channel finder has completed the scan, this may resolve the issue on it's own but if not then go back to the dashboard and try the steps below to further improve)

Disable Ipv6
Select menu (top left corner inside the Linksys app) -> Advance Settings -> Internet Settings ->IPv6->select Passthrough option and then Save
This option it will speed up the communications between your devices and the Linksys Router
It will make your device communications to the router 3 times faster than before.

Disable Ipv6
Select menu (top left corner inside the Linksys app) -> Advance Settings -> Internet Settings ->IPv6->select Passthrough option and then Save
This option it will speed up the communications between your devices and the Linksys Router
It will make your device communications to the router 3 times faster than before.
Hahaha! Disable IPv6, where have I seen that before? Wait till the IPv6 nutters get to this thread and start their lecture on how all is so perfect in IPv6...

So disabling IPv6 was a good move?
Yeah sorry for all the irony, it's a highly debated topic. Personally I think 110% you should disable IPv6 because if you don't know what it is you don't need it and while IPv6 fanatics claim it's the best thing since sliced bread the IPv6 implementations on all the equipment that handles it tend to be buggy, specially in the consumer side where IPv6 has seen less usage. I like new shinny things and tend to move on with times but only when things work they way they are supposed to work. Of course now you are going to get people that claim they use IPv6 for gizillion years, that it works fine for them, that I am incapable of making it work, etc. I couldn't care less of what others do, I want a rock solid setup and in my view at the moment that can only be achieved using only IPv4.

Strange, called CF today and they said they cant help me with the dropouts because my main router is my own linksys router. Anyone ran into this problem before?

Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • UtilityWarehouse £19.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • NOW £24.00
    Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00
    Speed 73 - 82Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £24.99
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Zzoomm £19.95
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • YouFibre £19.99
  • Community Fibre £20.00
  • BeFibre £21.00
    Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Sponsored Links
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5390)
  2. BT (3490)
  3. Politics (2494)
  4. Openreach (2275)
  5. Business (2222)
  6. Building Digital UK (2215)
  7. FTTC (2038)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1940)
  9. Statistics (1763)
  10. 4G (1639)
  11. Virgin Media (1591)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1438)
  13. FTTH (1379)
  14. Wireless Internet (1378)
  15. Fibre Optic (1376)
  16. 5G (1215)
  17. Vodafone (1126)
  18. EE (1111)
  19. TalkTalk (927)
  20. O2 (916)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules