Sponsored Links

is it possible

If you use tor (the onion router) and never do anything that identifies who you are then you are going to be as close as you can get.

imho, there is no such thing as true anonymity.. about all you can do is keep everything personal and post no identifying information online and hope none of what you do post leads back to you lol.

Sponsored Links
This article will give you a simplified idea of how to keep your information private.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...vate-and-browse-the-internet-anonymously.html

But as timeless suggests, true anonymity is a battle that doesn't end with technology. You can hide behind VPN's, Proxy Servers, encrypt your data and clever hackers can do a lot more to confuse people but all connections leave some sort of trail and if enough resources are thrown at that then you can still track somebody down.. but it's not easy.

exactly.. no matter what you do youll always leave a footprint of where you have been somewhere.

This article will give you a simplified idea of how to keep your information private.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...vate-and-browse-the-internet-anonymously.html

But as timeless suggests, true anonymity is a battle that doesn't end with technology. You can hide behind VPN's, Proxy Servers, encrypt your data and clever hackers can do a lot more to confuse people but all connections leave some sort of trail and if enough resources are thrown at that then you can still track somebody down.. but it's not easy.
Yea well no, can you tell which country and city members of a forum are from ?? hoooooooooooow !?!?!?
it's sooo damn weird, despite me being under a proxy/TOR/tails/whonix like half the time...

No the data logged by a forum could only tell the location of the IP address / server you're using and sometimes even that might not be possible. It won't actually be able to know your real location.

Unless of course you're talking about Google/Facebook et all and have chosen to allow them access to your location, in which case they can use data from local wifi, mobile and or GPS networks to identify where you are. But that would be with your permission.

Sponsored Links
Ohhh hmmm, maybe it's something you're not aware of @Mark.J NO OFFENCE !!

But you should be, you always knew who i was when you kept banning me before despite being under proxies ;O had you contacted my ISP or something ??

i read somewhere that if someone contacted my isp, they could get details and trace me back directly to my computer ? is this true ???

Sponsored Links
XD do you recognize me Mark ??? LOL
do you not know what my other usernames are ?????? just hope you'd give me a chance...
That's what I mean... why are you lying ?!? I know you know how to dig, just tell me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no personal illl-will and don't mean to be rude, so yea sorry if if that how i come across. but yea

Yes I think everybody knows who you are from the way you type and it's up to you whether or not you get banned again. Spamming nonsense posts is a good way to go about it.

Ohhh hmmm, maybe it's something you're not aware of @Mark.J NO OFFENCE !!

But you should be, you always knew who i was when you kept banning me before despite being under proxies ;O had you contacted my ISP or something ??

Not sure what you are trying to achieve but I almost banned you before you posted, the answer to your ISP plus an offshore IP would have sealed the ban. It was just you had a UK IP I decided to give you a chance.

Is thisconsidered crap Mark ??

also @kits i don't understand you gave me a chance cos it's a UK ip i don't get what this has to do with me given another chance ??

Sponsored Links
When people apply to join the forums we ask for their ISP spammers never give an ISP name always something random like what you put. Had your IP been outside of the UK then the account would have been banned, so I gave you a chance to post on the forums.

When people apply to join the forums we ask for their ISP spammers never give an ISP name always something random like what you put. Had your IP been outside of the UK then the account would have been banned, so I gave you a chance to post on the forums.
yea but what''s the problem with using proxies trying to masquaerade mysefl being from somewhere else and how can you even tell ? It says 'anonymous proxy' on that web proxy site and I used TOR and stuff that's what i'm confused about. doesn't get displayed in the headers, so what the... ?

and what do you mean something bout my isp ??

You are on a TOR tonight but when you signed up you obviously didn't use the TOR as I see an IP address that resolves to a UK ISP.

Lets say had it showed an IP that resolved to the TOR you are on tonight I can assure you it would have been banned as that country has a high number of spammers on forums.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5512)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules