Sponsored

Is it still that good?

octhex

Casual Member
Fast.co.uk have had rave reviews on this and other forums, but most seem to be a year old at best.

I am thinking of changing ISP soon and would welcome any update on Fast's current package.

Is it still reliable, fast (literally) and good value for money and does it still have efficient support and good customer relations?

Thanks.

Jeewhizz

Hi mate,

I use fast.co.uk and can't fault them. They are very fast (does what it says on the tin!) and support have been superb when I've ever rung up. Never had to wait for an operative either, each time i've called, i've got through to someone straight away :D

Jee

I can vouch for them. They are absolutely fantastic - I have been using them since January and the service is fast and always-on. I have only had one outage, which was solved with a 20 minute router reboot. The support was spot-on - phone answered after one ring by a chap called Alan at about 10pm on a Friday night, who not only helped me to resolve the issue there and then but also followed it up in the morning to make sure everything was still working OK (which, of course, it was)! Wow!

They are a bit expensive (£22.99 a month, 15GB limit) but that old saying "you get what you pay for" proves itself true once again. I was tempted to go over to Sky when I move house, but having read some of the reviews, I'm going to steer well clear and stick with what I already know to be a fantastic ISP.

X-QUORK

Ditto the above, have been with Fast for a couple of weeks and the support is really fantastic. I've had to call a few times as we've just moved house and I needed a bit of help setting things up...maximum of two rings before the calls were answered and then problems resolved in minutes. Really fantastic and well worth a few quid extra.

Gofast

:D:D

I have been using them since April this year and the service is stunning.

Consistent high speed 24/7 and no outages at all.I once phoned to ask a non urgent question,after 5 rings a machine cut in asking me to leave details so they could phone back,I didn't bother as it was not an urgent query,within 5 minutes they were ringing me apologising for missing my call :cool:

drissa

Casual Member
I've been with them for a few months. Wonderful customer support, which promted me to shift. However, my speeds have been dropping lately. The BT Speed tester tell me I'm getting around 2 Mbps in the evenings, from a theoretical 7.1Mbps.

I did notice, however, that I've been upgraded to 40GB per month, rather than 20GB. I didn't hear anything from them, but at least it went up rather than down!

Don't let my experiences put you off, since others seem to be getting good speeds. I'll give them a buzz when I have time and see if anything is wrong.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hi Drissa,

There are a few things that can cause you to lose speed, can you post your router stats and a BT speedtest result that was completed at the same time as the router stats?

fast

ISP Rep
Hi Drissa,

Please do get in touch as we'd be very happy to help you with that - there are quite a few possible causes of such a problem but we can easily help track the cause.

You know where we are :)

Mark

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hi drissa,
The router stats you wil access from your routers web interface pages. I am sure Mark will explain how I am not well up on belkin routers. should be the IP number your router is like mine is http://192.168.1.1

rwh13384

Fast.co.uk have had rave reviews on this and other forums, but most seem to be a year old at best.

I am thinking of changing ISP soon and would welcome any update on Fast's current package.

Is it still reliable, fast (literally) and good value for money and does it still have efficient support and good customer relations?

Thanks.
Yes it is.

Reliable, fast, excellent support and customer relations and IMO excellent value for money.

You might find a cheaper deal out there, but you won't find the same level of service.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
I would take that as a good sign, on balance. People are more likely to complain about poor service than go out of their way to praise good service - therefore a lack of complaints is more telling than a lack of praise (in my opinion).

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
are these guys anything to do with fast* cant say it still gives me nightmares

You know how they say there is always the darkside and the light well Fast.co.uk is the light side while fast4 was the darkside unrelated on all counts. They are as far apart as heaven and hell :D

adeys

ULTIMATE Member
nother quick question do you slow yoour service down after 8pmish and say ohh it your exchange in endinburgh about 30 odd miles away from where you live

is you also anything to do with enta ?

this adsl stuff im gettin kind of bored with

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2724)
  2. FTTP (2619)
  3. FTTC (1759)
  4. Building Digital UK (1708)
  5. Politics (1614)
  6. Openreach (1574)
  7. Business (1391)
  8. FTTH (1317)
  9. Statistics (1209)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1179)
  11. Fibre Optic (1045)
  12. 4G (1017)
  13. Wireless Internet (1002)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (993)
  15. Virgin Media (981)
  16. EE (672)
  17. Sky Broadband (658)
  18. TalkTalk (645)
  19. Vodafone (643)
  20. 5G (476)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules