Sponsored Links

Is o2 Broadband any good?

Have seen the deal with o2, and since I have my phone with them I am tempted to go with them for broadband.

Does anyone know if simplicity pay monthly qualifies?

Is the service any good though?

Just got mine turned on about 20 mins ago. Didnt wait for the txt to say line was activated.
The Speedtouch 780 works ok.
My speeds are 3.9mb down and .9mb up, but hope that will go up a bit, so yes so far so good. give them a ring on 0800 230 0202 and ask about your pay monthly service, for £7.50 pm its a steal

The easiest way to find out would be to go through the order process and see, It asks you to input a mobile number in the second or third step before you input any other personal details, and that should tell you.

However, I think it includes all Pay monthly tariffs that can get the discount, the simplicity tariff was launched in an attempt to be more enviromentally frienndly, so i cant see them excluding that from any promotions,

Sponsored Links
Have seen the deal with o2, and since I have my phone with them I am tempted to go with them for broadband.

Does anyone know if simplicity pay monthly qualifies?

Is the service any good though?

In short the answer to the above is YES!!:D

In short the answer to the above is YES!!:D

I wouldn't be so sure. I was told the discounted price only applies to those with contracts not payg customers.

I've been with o2 mobile since before it was o2 - never been anywhere else and have to say the broadband has come upto expectations. I run BT at my parents' home and now o2 at my home (student) - o2 standard package (£7.50) has never gone above 2megs but doesn't seem any slower than BT (£18.50) which operates at about 5.5-6megs.

I know which I'll stay with!

I have just switched to O2 and I can positively say they have, so far, restored my faith in ISPs!!

One small niggle though is that the line check they did when I applied showed I could get 16Mb broadband which I chose. Since then, I have discovered that the max speed for any ISP on my line is 2Mb which is born out by the 1.7Mb I am actually getting. I called customer services today and they checked and said yes 2Mb is maximum and they have swicthed me to the 8Mb package without any arguments and refunded the extra money I paid for the 16Mb package. I also had a problem getting email to work and this was sorted in minutes over the phone by a very pleasant scottish lady- no downtown Delhi call centres here! AND the tech support is free 24/7!

O2 thankyou im very impressed so far... probably the best ISP I have used. Keep it up!

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules