Sponsored Links

Is Smarty Unlimited truly unlimited?

View attachment 1466
This is a strange one, after telling me yesterday my plan resets today, it's now telling me that my plan resets today lol.:oops:

I wonder why it didn't just tell me today that my plan resets tomorrow.

I did activate my sim on the 1st, so that will keep my OCD weirdness happy I guess. 😊
SMARTY asked me to pass a message, your plan has been cancelled. ;)

Mine was 46GB.

SMARTY asked me to pass a message, your plan has been cancelled. ;)

Mine was 46GB.
Ah thank you IgNG, that explains why my data usage today is showing zero. 😊

Last edited:
I be very surprise if Three network telling Smarty to put cap on 1TB sooner or later.

Smarty are rubbish speed here. Never get over 17-22Meg on this hours between 8am and 11pm.

I be very surprise if Three network telling Smarty to put cap on 1TB sooner or later.

Smarty are rubbish speed here. Never get over 17-22Meg on this hours between 8am and 11pm.
Yeah it all just depends on where you are with three bulldog, same with any network of course, 02 and EE are the worst here with Vodafone second best.

So far I'm delighted with Smarty unlimited for my £16. 😊

I even transferred my mobile over this morning and it says it will complete by 5PM tomorrow if they don't mess it up. 🤞

Popped both accounts into a group and got a further 10% discount. Happy Days. 🥳

Talking of discounts, Black Friday is only 85 days away and my data use is consistently below 50GB, thinking of changing tariff. Wonder when the best time would be?

Talking of discounts, Black Friday is only 85 days away and my data use is consistently below 50GB, thinking of changing tariff. Wonder when the best time would be?
Well the 50GB for £12 is on until the 5th of October if you want that one.

Quite a bargain if the 30GB for a tenner isn't quite enough IgNG.

Who knows what the prices will be on Black Friday. 😊

Oy Smarty. Where's my sim?
Oh dear they're usually pretty quick eccles, mine came next day and so did 2 of my friends, they were surprised how quickly they arrived.

Hope it turns up soon for you.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Oh no that's for something else I think. ;)

Just ten minutes later it popped through the letterbox. All I had to do was complain. :)
Well thats brill, you just cant beat a good complain eccles lol, oh and my port from Virgin Mobile just happened too, no problems at all, well done Smarty. I'm impressed. (y)

Does anyone else here have a Motorola edge 20 lite or similar?
I cannot get 5ghz wi-fi hotspot working. 2.4ghz is fine.
I have a support ticket open with Motorola.

Does anyone else here have a Motorola edge 20 lite or similar?
I cannot get 5ghz wi-fi hotspot working. 2.4ghz is fine.
I have a support ticket open with Motorola.
I have a friend with a Moto G50, he's on Tesco mobile (I keep trying to get him to join three but he's insistent on sounding like a robot as no VoLTE on Tesco🤮). I'll look on his phone next time he's here.

Thanks. UK support says the phone has 5ghz support but I'm not so sure. For all practical purposes I doubt if it'll make a lot of difference. If I get to use it eventually for 5g internet I'll run it from a tether to the PC where I need the speed and 2.4ghz wi-fi which gives about 60mb/s for the rest.

I dont think all phones will necessarily do hotspot on 5Ghz, even though they may support 5Ghz wifi as a wifi client... perhaps thats one of them?

I dont think all phones will necessarily do hotspot on 5Ghz, even though they may support 5Ghz wifi as a wifi client... perhaps thats one of them?
Mine does 5GHz hotspot

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules