Sponsored Links

Is the 3 Network any good within London?

Hi everyone,
So my mobile contract has just lapsed and I have compared the market for a sim only month to month plan and found a really good deal at £10 per month, 30gb data& unlimited text and calls with a provider called Smarty who piggy back off the 3 network.
I'm currently with EE but they can't compete with that price as they are too big for their own boots.
My question is: Living in London, will I suffer with loads of data and coverage outages or is the network fairly stable within the M25 radius.
Also is there anyone who can vouch for the signal within buildings as I find EE signal does not penetrate alot of the newer insulated buildings which I work in alot of the time.
I believe this is down to the higher frequency of their transmitters. Higher frequencies travel further but do not penetrate dense objects. Any advice on this matter will be hugely appreciated and will aid me in my disision wether to switch providers or not.
I believe Vodafone and 02 both use lower frequency transmitters but not sure about the 3 network.

The problem you have here is that mobile signal quality and performance will vary from place to place, so nobody can actually answer that set of questions with any accuracy. We might get closer if we had a postcode to play with, but even then there can be many factors that influence signal quality and network performance.

The only way to tell is by conducting tests yourself or asking your friends / family, on different networks, to come to your location and run a few speedtests. Also bare in might that MVNO providers don't always perform as well (data speeds) as their parent operators, at least that's been my own experience.

Generally speaking, Three UK, much like the other networks, does have fairly good coverage in London but that's to be expected. Your own personal experience may of course vary.

Three do free 200mb per month sims, good for testing but the 200mb allowance does not last long.

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone,
So my mobile contract has just lapsed and I have compared the market for a sim only month to month plan and found a really good deal at £10 per month, 30gb data& unlimited text and calls with a provider called Smarty who piggy back off the 3 network.
I'm currently with EE but they can't compete with that price as they are too big for their own boots.
My question is: Living in London, will I suffer with loads of data and coverage outages or is the network fairly stable within the M25 radius.
Also is there anyone who can vouch for the signal within buildings as I find EE signal does not penetrate alot of the newer insulated buildings which I work in alot of the time.
I believe this is down to the higher frequency of their transmitters. Higher frequencies travel further but do not penetrate dense objects. Any advice on this matter will be hugely appreciated and will aid me in my disision wether to switch providers or not.
I believe Vodafone and 02 both use lower frequency transmitters but not sure about the 3 network.
Here is my 3 network using smarty unlimited data @£18 a month connected via tethering to my pc from mobile phone - good speed https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/89c60dc9-45dd-46ef-88da-927b1350016a

I'm on Three having just moved to Wimbledon from Birmingham for work.
Signal in Brum was great with coverage all over. However where I'm based in SW19 the speed is poor even though I have full 4G signal.

I'll be looking to switch networks for something with better speeds.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules