Sponsored Links

Is there a fix

Hi,

When I stream certain locations the video and sound are in sync, then after a short time they are not. I then try a different stream from a different location and that is perfect.

Is there a cure/fix to this type of problem or am I just stuck with it being out of sync?

Hmm usually you'd only have sync problems like that if the video had been badly encoded that way in the first place. I can only guess that when you change location then the source of the video may also be changing and that might not have been put together properly.

If it is an older computer/laptop, it could be struggling to decode the stream, I have had this issue with several video players in the past; new versions to use new codecs, then the older videos, made with the older codecs suddenly start having issues.

I have JUST had an issue crop up. My daughters PC has had a folder full of childrens TV programs for over 2 years; suddenly the latest version of the media player crashes if she tries to "Open folder", but works correctly if you open a single video file - or a folder full of music files. Exactly the same version of the same media player works perfectly on my PC.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for the replies, FYI the PC I am using is an 8 core, 32 Gig memory and the OS is Windows 7 Ultimate on a 240 gig SSD. I try to keep all drivers and codecs updated on a regular basis. My friend who uses the same sites I stream also has the same problem so it looks like it may be related to the particular site.

oooh, I am not sure 8 cores is enough. :crap:

Found the issue with my daughter system; she has discovered how to make "shortcuts", so when selecting "play folder", it was opening the folder and following the shortcut to the folder, opening it and following the shortcut to the folder, opening it and following the shortcut to the folder...........

I had a search around and found several other shortcut minefields awaiting.

Right now she is ploughing through some KS2 Math games; yes it is on "Easy", but the age range is supposed to be 7-9, and she is only 4. She went through the first section on fractions without making a single mistake.

Right now she is ploughing through some KS2 Math games; yes it is on "Easy", but the age range is supposed to be 7-9, and she is only 4. She went through the first section on fractions without making a single mistake.

Can I hire her to do my annual accounts or is that sort of child labour illegal? :)

Can I hire her to do my annual accounts or is that sort of child labour illegal? :)

As long as you avoid anything to do with multiplication.

Add, subtract, divide and fractions she is fine with, but multiplication seems to be a black hole she cannot see into.

This morning she went through the entire first level of the KS2 Maths program and the multiplication section was the only time I had to help her; take out that section, and she got 90% of the answers right the first time; then she started level 2......

There were no calls for help for about an hour, then she got bored and started to play an old Cinderella game instead; then got bored with that and went and jumped on her trampoline until lunch time.

Sponsored Links
lm guessing when talking about locations we are talking VPNs, if thats the case my guess would be some nodes are just better than others..

Hi Timeless,

There are 4 sites that my friend and look at. 3 of the 4 most of the time are OK, the 4th is always out of sync audio lags video. Then on occasions they can all be be away with the fairies. A real PITA.

I think it is a case of congestion at peak times for these sites, and we will just have to put up with it until such time as they spend a few bob on increased capacity. I don't think it is a problem with the VPN.

Hopefully things will get better: Proposal to Republish Previous Versions of HTML and XHTML as Obsolete Recommendations. I imagine that Hollywood is forcing flash buffering problems. I was going to suggest you try a flash drive but something gives me the idea you already use at least one.

https://www.w3.org/

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules