Sponsored Links

Is there a way to get another deal when my current plan goes up in price?

Hello! Wondering if anyone can suggest something for me. When I moved in back in December I signed up to BT Infinity via this site, and I got a good deal. Infinity option 1 was £10 a month and I also paid for my line rental in advanced for the year so essentially all I've been paying every month is the 10 quid for around 34mbit broadband and calls. I note the same deal still exists but, now they offer you Sainsbury's vouchers as well. I missed out on that I believe since I signed up right at the end of December (though my service didn't get switched on until January 6th) and I seem to recall they started offering vouchers in January.

However come the 12 month mark, the broadband is going to go up in price, I think it's going to more than double. I really don't want to pay that much for broadband, especially BT's broadband, seeing as I've had enough issues with it over the last year that to be quite frank I don't really feel it's worth any more than ten pound a month. Is there a way I can obtain another deal, maybe the same one, even though I'm an existing customer and they don't seem to offer anything to existing customers?

My first thought is to give them notice to cancel the broadband on the day the contract ends, and then maybe sign up for it again, but something tells me that won't work.

It's always difficult to "upgrade" / re-contract with the same ISP and also get the latest special offers (these are usually only for new customers), although sometimes it's worth giving them a call to discuss and perhaps point to a rival service's price that you're interested in switching to as an example. A bit of negotiation is always worth a try, after all what do you have to lose?

If failing that BT aren't willing to offer you a discount then you could always switch ISP, which is a lot easier under the new migration system (just contact the "new" ISP to start the process). But it might be wise to give BT notice that you wish to end your contract on the day it finishes as otherwise there could be an additional charge.

Just one thing to note: Once you start a migration then under Ofcom's rule means BT cannot offer you a lower price in an attempt to keep you as a customer. So you sort of have to negotiate or try to do that before any cancellation or switch process is started.

Thanks for the advice. I shall try ringing them closer to the time then and see if I can coax another deal out of them.

Sponsored Links
Recently I called BT for some reason (I can't remember what but I'm sure it wasn't to cancel or ask them for a discount) yet somehow I basically got proactively offered a better deal than I've ever had with them!
Pretty easy and not really sure how I ended up getting there but came away feeling very chuffed :D

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules