Sponsored Links

Is VISPA about to go under?

Having moved around ISP's over the last 20 years or so, I was taking a look at Vispa Internet, and whilst there are a few negative comments on here, generally they seem to be looked on quite favourably and I had intended to move to them.

However a colleague of mine commented that he had heard they were about to cease trading. I couldn't see anything on-line to back this up so using my companies credit searching tool, I had a look, and sure enough, Vispa Internet Limited has recently changed name to Aversham (still same director though) and a couple of weeks after changing name put itself into administration. However under further investigation, Vispa Internet Limited/Aversham is actually part of Vispa Limited, which itself seems fine (on first look), until you look into their posted accounts, which look very unusual.

So this is really just a heads up for those who don't have access to a system like my company uses. I am sure that Vispa have a legitimate reason for the changes and accounts, but for one, I am not risking my connection again (have lost it twice in the past due to ISP's going under).

UPDATE..

Can't even email them due to a blacklist.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address
failed:

"support@vispa.net":
SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command:
host: guardian.vispa.net.uk
Blacklisted in dnsbl.sorbs.net.: Currently Sending Spam See:
http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?212.227.126.130
"sales@vispa.net":
SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command:
host: guardian.vispa.net.uk
Blacklisted in dnsbl.sorbs.net.: Currently Sending Spam See:
http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?212.227.126.130

Sponsored Links
UPDATE..

Can't even email them due to a blacklist.

Now that poked my interest a little bit Mark, so I just went onto their site (even though I am not going to be moving to them any more) to try and find out if I could contact them to find out a bit more, but their live chat is also offline. Odd.

Despite me not going to them, I'll be fascinated to hear if you find out anything else.

Since customer service is now awful, I would avoid them even if everything was healthy money-wise

Not sure what all the spam blocking was about yesterday but it seems to have been unrelated.

Anyway according to Vispa's Director, the group of companies have merely been restructured so that everything is "back under one roof". It was apparently split that way as part of a buyout back in 2009, which would explain the recent changes. Clearly Vispa needs some improvement but it doesn't appear to be going under just yet.

If everything is "back under one roof", why have they just switched to an external payments company for billing?? my money now goes to GoCardless Ltd.
Not only that, they are claiming I "chose" to change, whereas the emails I received told me I had no choice.

UPDATE.

Vispa have changed their T&Cs as of 1st March, you can now only terminate a contract in writing and by post.

No notice given by them of a change, is this legal??

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I think that's legal because it doesn't change how much you pay or the service you're paying to receive, although there are always grey areas. Vispa still seems to have some problems with their credit history but until the next accounts we won't really get an idea of what's happening. I'd be nervous as a customer with all these changes and the packages looking less and less competitive.

I sent a letter yesterday telling them the same as the 3 emails I have sent - I want my account terminated. An ethical ISP would have let me know about the change to termination requirements after the first request, not waited to let me find out by chance what they had done.

Ditto moving my phone line to Talk Talk.

Kudos to Aquiss who have found a sudden open slot in the local BTOR scheduled and arranged my new line to be connected early; so if Vispa get really nasty I will have a replacement phone and (hopefully), fibre connection in only a week.

Vispa

Hi

I, too, have had emails ignored and less than useless customer service reps. I even sent a long letter by Recorded Delivery and there was no one there to accept delivery (???) Card left by postman and as of yesterday, letter still not collected from delivery office or redelivery arranged. What kind of company is this? Also, if you run their address through Google Earth it appears to be run from some rooms above a nursery!!!
My issue with them is the fact that they migrated telephone lines away from BTOP to an LLU supplier. I wasnt informed of this and the next thing I know is that my call sign number had disappeared. This, I found out is because the LLU suupplier doesnt support Call Sign. When asked why I wasnt informed of this, my answer was "I dont know". My call sign number was (an had been for 6 years) my business number. My telephone line is now with BTOP but I'm not sure whether I can get my business number back. As a result of their ineptitude, I am losing business daily as all my printed advertising shows this number.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, they are in breach of both their Code of Practice and the Supply of Goods Act 1982.
I am also querying the legality of them demanding payment from GoCardless on a certain date. I always thought, that the consumer had the right to chose which date a DD is paid. Hmmmmm........

I think I mentioned this in another thread; my account was terminated within 48 hours of the letter being received; no months notice, and they "deleted" my phone number, so not even BT can get it back (having apparently transferred it to Talk Talk without my knowledge).

Luckily my new ISP had arranged for a new line to be installed, and this went in a day early, so I was only without phone for ~24 hours.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I, too, have had emails ignored and less than useless customer service reps. I even sent a long letter by Recorded Delivery and there was no one there to accept delivery (???) Card left by postman and as of yesterday, letter still not collected from delivery office or redelivery arranged. What kind of company is this? Also, if you run their address through Google Earth it appears to be run from some rooms above a nursery!!!
My issue with them is the fact that they migrated telephone lines away from BTOP to an LLU supplier. I wasnt informed of this and the next thing I know is that my call sign number had disappeared. This, I found out is because the LLU suupplier doesnt support Call Sign. When asked why I wasnt informed of this, my answer was "I dont know". My call sign number was (an had been for 6 years) my business number. My telephone line is now with BTOP but I'm not sure whether I can get my business number back. As a result of their ineptitude, I am losing business daily as all my printed advertising shows this number.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, they are in breach of both their Code of Practice and the Supply of Goods Act 1982.
I am also querying the legality of them demanding payment from GoCardless on a certain date. I always thought, that the consumer had the right to chose which date a DD is paid. Hmmmmm........

Hi Bev,

I thought call sign only gave you a different ring tone when certain numbers were calling through, which is different from losing your entire phone number unless you never had a dedicated line setup for your business?

Let me know if you have lost your business line since we're seeing a few reports like this recently and are inclined to chase them up for a possible story. Also, did you have a business package with Vispa?

Apologies for dredging up an old thread, but I think they just went under.....
I've had no replies to emails, support tickets, their phone number is dead and so is their website.
Obviously I have no Internet Service from them either... despite multiple power cycles.

Website loads for me, albeit slowly, and the company still seems to be active. However I did read that their wireless network had a major outage last week and there's a power outage or maintenance today. Worth keeping an eye on their Twitter and Facebook pages, linked here:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/isp_list/ISP_Detail_Wireless.php?Vispa-211

Last edited:
Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules