Sponsored

ISDN Problems worsening

Vawn

Well i must say that even thaugh Quick have tryed to solve my problems of very bad ping and very slow downloads they only seem to be worsening.
for the last 2 nights and during the day i have had to play online with a ping of 350 all the time, this is constant with a few ping drops down to 120, when you consider that i get a constant ping of 65 to freeserve then you will agree it is not acceptable to anyone no matter how good the support is.
And if also you note that i have had my line checked, had an engineer from BT call to check my isdn box on the wall, replaced my isdn card and reinstalled windows then you will also know it cant be at my end.
It all started about a month ago with the ping going from 70 - 100, that was prolly acceptable, then 2 weeks ago it moved up to 100-150 with big ping spikes and now its a constant 350 with ping spikes of 400-600, when i phoned Quick 5 times in 4 weeks i was told (verry politly may i add) that quite a few ppl have the same problem and they are trying to find out what it was (acceptable if not a little late for me).
so it is with great regret that i am forced to move isp's as the pings and download speeds are way below that of a modem user now and the 128k isdn service is £34 a month so its not accepable performance even for the short term.
think i may move to a satalite connection 1 way with freeserve (appauling support)as my upload isp, satalite is same price as Quick but with a download speed on par with adsl and ping for online gaming being caterd for by the single channel from freeserve (ie. ping of 65-70) witch in my eyes is value for money for the same price as Quick 128k ISDN.
sorry if i sound like im flaming but its a lot of money to me and now i cant even use the quick conection for gaming its so bad.

Good luck Quick and mabe if your ISDN improves ill returne but till then Keep well.

<small>[ 25.10.2002, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Vawn ]</small>

Vawn

At the moment we have less than 10 people reporting bad pings. A small number, but clearly something is wrong. We will be taking our service down for about an hour(probably this coming week, and we will email customers in advance), to test something as our telco thinks they may be able to help. As soon as we clear this up, we will make an appropriate post. Sorry for delay.

Vawn

Then once aggain i am embarased at my outburst, but with £34 quids leaving my pocket for what is at the moment the crapest connection iv ever had and iv been online for 12 years none stop, then you can understand my frustration, may i highlight the fact that i said "At The Moment" because up untill my problems started Quick was the BEST Isp i have ever had.

So heres hoping that your test solves the problems and i get back to the normal Superior Quick internet. (damn that sounds like im sucking up .....ah well never mind :) )

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2724)
  2. FTTP (2619)
  3. FTTC (1759)
  4. Building Digital UK (1708)
  5. Politics (1614)
  6. Openreach (1574)
  7. Business (1391)
  8. FTTH (1317)
  9. Statistics (1209)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1179)
  11. Fibre Optic (1045)
  12. 4G (1017)
  13. Wireless Internet (1002)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (993)
  15. Virgin Media (981)
  16. EE (672)
  17. Sky Broadband (658)
  18. TalkTalk (645)
  19. Vodafone (643)
  20. 5G (476)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules