Sponsored

Issues with Property Director - Getting Hyperoptic

james2004k

Casual Member
I've been trying to get Hyperoptic to service the estate I live on (40 flats).
Hyperoptic are now at a stage were they would like to come do a survey and install (assuming cost etc), they have enough people interested to install.

Now comes the problem, the director of the management company has explicitly said it's low priority and I am the only one enquiring about it.

Although I have sent various articles notifying about the possible impact of slow broadband on property prices.

We can only receive broadband via BT (~50 Mbps) but am paying £38.99 for the priviledge.

Is there any advice that can be given that could help in this matter? Ideally something legal as he would not be able to say no to it.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Last year's budget included two consultations on new rules that are designed to tackle precisely this sort of problem, but those have yet to be implemented:

In the meantime the best advice is to print off some notices and slip them under as many doors in your building as possible, with the goal being of getting more people to support your efforts. Failing that most commercial apartment buildings usually have residents meetings every few months, which is another opportunity.

james2004k

Casual Member
Last year's budget included two consultations on new rules that are designed to tackle precisely this sort of problem, but those have yet to be implemented:

In the meantime the best advice is to print off some notices and slip them under as many doors in your building as possible, with the goal being of getting more people to support your efforts. Failing that most commercial apartment buildings usually have residents meetings every few months, which is another opportunity.

Thank you. Hopefully (but unlikely) this will be done soon. As I am growing tired of trying to get it through his head about it.

I have already canvassed the estate a number of times. Even so putting my email address on the leaflet if anyone wanted to ask me any questions.

Am I right in thinking although the title read "Proposals for New Build Homes and Tenants (Both Consultations)" being a leaseholder, I am also technically a Tenant?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Yes I believe you'd be considered a tenant and further details on the related consultation for that one can be found here:

james2004k

Casual Member
Yes I believe you'd be considered a tenant and further details on the related consultation for that one can be found here:

Thank you again Mark.J

Hopefully in the 2019 budget there will be an announcement.

james2004k

Casual Member
I've gone and messaged Margot James (Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industries) to see if she will be able to help or provide advice on the matter.

baby_frogmella

We can only receive broadband via BT (~50 Mbps) but am paying £38.99 for the priviledge.
I'm assuming you're currently on FTTC with BT. If TalkTalk & Sky have unbundled your exchange - which they should have if you're not in a rural area - they can also supply you with FTTC services but running on their own networks. TalkTalk's Up To 40/10 service is £20 per month (incl line rental) and their 'Up to' 80/20 service is just £2-£3 more per month. That's quite a saving from £39 per month....

james2004k

Casual Member
I'm assuming you're currently on FTTC with BT. If TalkTalk & Sky have unbundled your exchange - which they should have if you're not in a rural area - they can also supply you with FTTC services but running on their own networks. TalkTalk's Up To 40/10 service is £20 per month (incl line rental) and their 'Up to' 80/20 service is just £2-£3 more per month. That's quite a saving from £39 per month....
Hi Baby_frogmella,

I could get it lower but would mean being stuck in a 18 month contract, as the director is a tad volatile, it could be a matter of months before he signs it off or a year. Either way I would be stuck in a contract.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
No but then the Spring Statement 2019 is now a fiscal non-event, the main budget comes at the end of the year. However I suspect we'll get an update on this toward late spring/summer.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: HYPER19
  • Vodafone £21.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Amazon Echo Plus
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Gift: None
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2435)
  2. FTTP (2050)
  3. FTTC (1616)
  4. Building Digital UK (1560)
  5. Politics (1362)
  6. Openreach (1356)
  7. Business (1196)
  8. Statistics (1060)
  9. FTTH (992)
  10. Mobile Broadband (988)
  11. Fibre Optic (950)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (895)
  13. Wireless Internet (875)
  14. 4G (862)
  15. Virgin Media (828)
  16. Sky Broadband (581)
  17. EE (568)
  18. TalkTalk (561)
  19. Vodafone (487)
  20. Security (400)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules