Sponsored

Joining Be, how to?

Itzer

Hey guys!

Since it seems that Virgin would require to pull cable through the house and garden, which I doubt our Landlord will agree to, I currently consider (or plan to) joining Be.

We are currently without a landline, thus I'd guess we'd need to get one set up first, right?

What would be the best process to go from "no landline" to Be? This might sound completely stupid, but where I am coming from (Germany) there are like a thousand options and you'll easily get caught up with a landline deal you'd not be able to use other companies broadband on.

I consider going through BT.com, signing up for a landline there, wait for confirmation and then go to Be to sign up there? Would that work this way? Or could I go through Be directly to sign up for a landline and their services?

Thanks for your help guys!

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
You would have to get a BT landline, then once this has been set up you can order your broadband.

I use Be and am pretty happy with them. Take a look here:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?t=26006

Be don't supply the telephone line itself, they only supply the Internet connection over a pre-existing line.

bitter_drinker

Pro Member
If the house you move into has no line or an existing but ceased line, then BT will want to charge you £124.50 for instalation. They are not advertising it but they are doing a half price install, the only disadvantage is your locked into an 18 month contract, but if you dont have that type of money free its worth it, no one else I know of does it cheaper.

Details here

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/history/09-11-2007/FrameworkImpl10126/FrameworkImpl133605.htm#FrameworkImpl133605

onephat

ULTIMATE Member
remember if the house has never had a land line BT will still have to do some drilling to fit the socket(s). If your not allowed to do this you'll have to look at mobile broadband.

williaml33t

Casual Member
If the house you move into has no line or an existing but ceased line, then BT will want to charge you £124.50 for instalation. They are not advertising it but they are doing a half price install, the only disadvantage is your locked into an 18 month contract, but if you dont have that type of money free its worth it, no one else I know of does it cheaper.
Cable & Wireless used to do it for free. That's out of date but I think it would be foolish to take up BT's offer without looking around first.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules