Sponsored

Just signed up... problems...

FeekZoid

Hi all.

NDO is the third ISP I've joined in the last 3 years for ISDN 128k.

Signed up no probs, connects no prob... but my bandwidth is all over the place.

Web browsing, downloads, streaming a file from my work PC remotely seem to suffer from peaks and troughs of speed.

Dropping to <2kbs and back up to 11kbps.

Web page access sometimes takes ages too.

Anyone else experiencing problems, or is it just me? I've been signed up with them since about 11am this morning and have seen these problems throughout the day. I've mailed support, but no answer yet.

NDO

ISP Rep
Hi FeekZoid,

Can you please give us your username or Account ID, so that I can trace our support emails and see why you haven’t yet had a reply.

Please also forward your email you sent to support to chirag@ndo.com, he is in charge of support desk and he will surely get to bottom of this and get back to you ASAP.

Regards
John @ NDO

Markeh

FeekZoid,
I have also been experiencing the same problems, downloading goes from 15kb/s down to 2-3kb/s (freezes) then back to normal a few seconds later, also I've been getting randomly disconnected.

I've also sent an e-mail to support but not had a reply yet,

Thanks,
Mark

NDO

ISP Rep
Hi Markeh,

Apologies that no one has got back to you, can you please give us your username or Account ID, so that I can trace our support emails and see why you haven’t yet had a reply. What address did you send your email to?

Please also forward your email you sent to support to chirag@ndo.com, he is in charge of support desk and he will surely get to bottom of this and get back to you ASAP.

Regards
John @ NDO

Markeh

Hello NDO,

Thank you for the reply,

Just as I type this I have had a reply from your customer services with the alternative numbers for me to try out :)

Many thanks for your help in this matter

Markeh

Hi,
Just tried the alternative number given to me and I am experiencing the same problems :(
I've sent another e-mail back to support.

Thanks,
Mark

P.S NDO, I've PM'ed you with my username and password :)

NDO

ISP Rep
Markeh and FeekZoid,

sorry that you are experiencing similar problems, I believe our support staff have been or tried to contact you, we will need to investigate this a bit further as we have had another member not far from your Mark, who has raised the same issue.

We believe there could be a fault in the local pop that you get routed through. We have escalated this issue and will be in touch as soon as we get information with regards to this.

Thank your for time, our support team will be in touch.
Regards
John @ NDO

Markeh

Hi NDO,

Thanks for the reply,

If I remember correctly I seemed to experience these same problems with another internet provider I used to be with who also used MediaWays for their ISP backbone, luckily for me they also had another dial-up number which routed through BT and worked fine with no unreliable connections.
I'm not sure if you can do anything but all I can say is it's pretty much unusable as it is at the moment :(

Thanks,
Mark

FeekZoid

What a refreshing change for me with an ISP!

Forgot to monitor the forum for replies, but got contacted by support anyway by email.. and they phoned me!

Heres a copy of the mail I sent NDO:

Thanks very much for the call yesterday, I've been connected on and off most of the morning today, and have received no errors during my connection, and throughput seems normal now. Whether or not this is down to your actions I'm delighted with the response I've received from you. I've been with many ISP's over the last 6 years, and never had such pro-active support before.

I encoutered similar connection errors with my last ISP, and they never did anything about it, nor did they answer my emails, but they did answer me on ISPreview forums publicly telling me that I was "wrong"

Thanks again guys!

Markeh

Hi,
I'm still receiving the same problems :(
My connection is just very unreliable :(
Glad you have sorted out your problems now FeekZoid.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £23.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2768)
  2. FTTP (2746)
  3. FTTC (1783)
  4. Building Digital UK (1740)
  5. Politics (1662)
  6. Openreach (1619)
  7. Business (1429)
  8. FTTH (1340)
  9. Statistics (1240)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1221)
  11. Fibre Optic (1062)
  12. 4G (1052)
  13. Wireless Internet (1020)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1014)
  15. Virgin Media (1004)
  16. EE (696)
  17. Sky Broadband (668)
  18. Vodafone (666)
  19. TalkTalk (661)
  20. 5G (514)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules