Sponsored Links

L-to-L migration failed

swishly

Casual Member
L-to-L migration failed

So a live to live migration was planned for my area, without any notification work started on Monday, engineer’s where at both cabinets with many people reporting after a short outage they back online with great sync speeds.

My line went off around 10:30am and then never came back into sync. I raised a faut with my ISP Zen in the afternoon and was told it would be fixed within 72 hours. Overnight my line started syncing, I was connected to new cabinet and it was syncing at 40000 down, 15000 up with which higher attainable. No PPPoE though, just getting timeout errors.

I informed my ISP but as they said my area had an outage had been declared I had to wait. This was the same the following day. On Thursday I followed up with my ISP had had to test a different router, they could see the router in sync but no auth requests. It was passed to the fault manager and I had a message informing me of appointment booked for Friday afternoon. Engineer visited, checked sync, he had the port reset at which point sync was then 40000 down 10000 up. He then called a department and was told my line is migrating.

Still no internet, still got the same PPPoE timeout.

Something has gone wrong and its not getting looked at by the correct people at OpenReach.

Very frustrating that finally was going to get something better than 3Mbps but now have noting.

No idea if it’s just a misconfiguration on the backend or a faulty port, or when its going to get fixed?

Update...

Fault rejected back to Openreach and escalated up the chain, waiting to see if another appointment is needed.

Still left wondering if its a faulty port on DSLAM, or if its just misconfigured? I did try test credentials but still got PPPoE timeout.

The clue is in the phonecall the engineer made, he was told the line 'was migrating' not 'has been migrated', so still not completed even if reported as so.

Sponsored Links
The migration may be simple or very complex. As they have not rolled you back it probably means a more complex issue than a few jumpers in the exchange. The lack of communication may be because the migration will be planned work, possibly using contractors. Live migrations are not new and will even be with us on FTTP in time. Highlighting the need for alternative backup solutions.

The fact that Openreach are fully aware bodes well though.

Fault got pushed back to but they have now booked another engineer appointment to visit my house Monday afternoon, hope its different to Friday, we will have to see but to me it does seem like its a backend thing.

So the engineer called yesterday, he didn't visit after I gave him all the information. He has tried to get it escalated with his manager so it gets to the right team. He said he can't get a port rebuild done or a lift and shift until the backend issue is sorted.

Sponsored Links
Still no broadband!

Best bit is I'm just told Openreach confirmed a delay in the migration between cabinets and that engineers are back on the job on Monday. The ironic thing is I got sent a copy of the engineers report from Monday which included "Customers fibre ports have been migrated from cab 16 to cab 36. Issue with his ports getting into sync but no PPP session", I too know I've been migrated as the sync speeds I'm now getting. What a great job so far! Fingers crossed it gets fixed Monday as 4G just can't cope at times, not great for home school Zoom sessions.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules