Sponsored

Lebara Wifi / Tethering from phone

redcupmat

Casual Member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a working hotspot from a mobile phone using a Lebara SIM?

I was using my Lebara SIM with a 4g router and it worked well. So I decided to port my main phone number over and wanted to tether from my phone instead. To my surprise, the hotspot would not transfer any data making it useless. My phone hotspot worked well with giffgaff.

Searching online seemed to bring up almost no info on this.

Are Lebara just blocking phones from using the hotspot feature, but still advertising it as a supported feature?

On the Lebara support chat, I was told to contact my phone provider as they have no specific settings for hotspot.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a working hotspot from a mobile phone using a Lebara SIM?

I was using my Lebara SIM with a 4g router and it worked well. So I decided to port my main phone number over and wanted to tether from my phone instead. To my surprise, the hotspot would not transfer any data making it useless. My phone hotspot worked well with giffgaff.

Searching online seemed to bring up almost no info on this.

Are Lebara just blocking phones from using the hotspot feature, but still advertising it as a supported feature?

On the Lebara support chat, I was told to contact my phone provider as they have no specific settings for hotspot.
Are you on an iPhone?

Mr Choo

Yes, just tested it for you. Using a Moto G5 dual sim handset which is a few years old now.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Okay, that's weird. I was able to tether on Lebara on my phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 9) and I don't see why you can't. I vaguely remember something to do with the option not appearing on iPhones but now I think of it I think that was Lycamobile.

redcupmat

Casual Member
Okay, that's weird. I was able to tether on Lebara on my phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 9) and I don't see why you can't. I vaguely remember something to do with the option not appearing on iPhones but now I think of it I think that was Lycamobile.
Thanks for confirming that it worked for you. Cheers.

redcupmat

Casual Member
How old is the SIM?
Assume you have checked settings?
  • Name: Lebara Internet
  • APN: uk.lebara.mobi
  • Username: wap
  • Password: wap
MMS settings:
SIM is around 6 months old.

I just reset all network setting on my phone and added the same settings you mentioned.

Still no internet on any connected devices.

Seani

Top Member
Single SIM L09 with the latest operating system available.
This is a common problem with P20, sometimes you have to back up and reset the mobile completely, gremlins!

try this first:

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Network > Access Point Name > and Delete the "Hotspot APN" - if it is there, then reboot and try again.

2) failing that, reset all network settings (system, reset, network settings reset), reset the APN (wireless & networks> mobile network > access point name > menu (three dots top right) add a new (Lebara(B) APN with the Leb settings.

Or rename the existing lebara APN or delete it and use this for it coming in as a network setting:

Katnip1

Hi did you find a solution to this? I ha Evan iPhone and a lebara sim and also cannot tether. Thank you

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £15.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £65 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00 (*27.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*29.50)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £26.00 (*54.00)
    Speed: 400Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00 (*51.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3489)
  2. BT (3006)
  3. Politics (1921)
  4. Building Digital UK (1914)
  5. FTTC (1882)
  6. Openreach (1817)
  7. Business (1671)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1468)
  9. Statistics (1403)
  10. FTTH (1364)
  11. 4G (1270)
  12. Fibre Optic (1164)
  13. Virgin Media (1157)
  14. Wireless Internet (1149)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1139)
  16. Vodafone (836)
  17. EE (828)
  18. TalkTalk (760)
  19. 5G (758)
  20. Sky Broadband (744)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules