Sponsored

Line dropping?

johncharvey

Has anyone else been having problems with their freedom2surf connection recently?

I have been a user for about 18 months and had no issues now suddenly both my and my mother's (different exchange) connection keep dropping out every few minutes. It will connect again straight away but it very annoying. I have logged a call at F2S but no reply yet.

Suspect there are capacity issues but wondered if anyone else was having problems?

J

Kommando

Top Member
F2s have recently gone from one of the best to now one of the worst ISP's, they have just announced they are traffic shaping and have been for some weeks without telling anyone. Currently due to anoverload caused by the the LLU fiasco support is no-existant so do not expect any reply to your email, you will have to ring support but do it at a non-busy time or you will be paying a big bill. Sounds like a line fault but you have to go through F2S to get it fixed.
I left 2 weeks ago, suggest you do too once your line is sorted.

For more info go here

http://www.freedom2support.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Capvermell

johncharvey said:
Has anyone else been having problems with their freedom2surf connection recently?

I have been a user for about 18 months and had no issues now suddenly both my and my mother's (different exchange) connection keep dropping out every few minutes. It will connect again straight away but it very annoying. I have logged a call at F2S but no reply yet.

Suspect there are capacity issues but wondered if anyone else was having problems?

J
Yes I have also been having terrible problems with unexpected drops and then it may be impossible to reconnect to the web for several minutes. The lights on my Netgear DG834G ADSL Wireless Router show that I still have synch with the exchange but no web or email services.

Its half hour every time for tech support who are polite but on pain of death will not admit to any fault in their service. Surprise, suprise over xmas and new year the connection stayed up for 10 days with not one drop in service. As soon as we are back in a normal business period the problems resume.

By the way to avoid the 0870 ripoff use the geographic 01 number quoted at www.saynoto0870.com, select option 1 for sales and say you refuse to use the 0870 number when the wait is at least half an hour and its their fault and they will connect you through.

Tech support try to waste your time getting you to check your routers and wiring and then finally trying to have a BT engineer visit (which I refused as they would have charged when they found no problem) but will not admit their own problems.

Am moving to NewNet 2MB as best prices of the remaining quality providers. I have already tested their tech suport wait times and they are excellent.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules