Sponsored Links

Line too long

Shrpye

We have just had a new fibre cabinet installed and go live a few weeks ago. My address says yes my phone number says no. The open reach website states the line is too long. I can see the cabinet from my window and there is only one house before me. This is an estate with 39 houses. My neighbour who is further to the back is up and running. Anyway to cut a long story short I had an broadband engineer out today whether it’s coincidence I don’t know but since the line has gone through that cabinet the internet has been non existent. He checked the routes of my line on his maps etc and the maximum I am away is 200mts that’s from my socket to the cabinet. Can anybody give me advice it’s like banging my head against a brick wall. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Can I ask, do you know if you were living in an Exchange Only Line (EOL) area BEFORE the new cabinet was installed? In EOL areas consumers get their broadband and phone services directly from exchange and there is no street cabinet (either old or new).

Sometimes what happens is that in order to remedy this Openreach will need to perform a complex network rearrangement, which can result in some lines going to the new cabinet and others still going to the exchange (depending upon the situation). Equally we've seen this cause confusion and errors on the availability checkers, which can last awhile before everything gets corrected / updated.

It would help to know the postcode and street for your area, so we can take a closer look?

Many thanks for your help Mark, I really appreciate it. Yes, this was an EOL area. However, the telephone line is now coming through the new cabinet. The street is Byron Road, ML74LG.

Sponsored Links
Drop me an email with your full address + home phone number and I can try to ask Openreach directly.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/contact.shtml

Also what broadband package do you have and by "the internet has been non existent" do you mean you're disconnected or it's very slow?

Just for the benefit of others. Openreach said they were still in the process of updating their records after the EOL upgrade, but the OP should be able to order FTTC by around the end of this week or a little later once that process has completed (at present their database is not quite in sync with the work completion).

Thank You mark for your assistance. And I will keep you updated when I hear anything

Regards

Sharon

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules