Sponsored

LLU Bliss ?

suffrins

A word of warning !
Towards the end of last year, Wanadoo recently gave me a free (!) upgrade from 2 MBps to 8MBps - this was in order to keep me as a customer...very nice I thought...
Since the upgrade I had intermittent connection problems, which eventually led me to look for an alternative ISP (that and their broadband "technical" support, which is a joke). Having found a suitable one, I phoned Wanadoo to get a MAC code...unfortunately they can't issue MAC codes for customers using their high speed service !!! Apparently this is because they physically have equipment in BT exchanges, as opposed to just using their lines (or something). I asked if I could be downgraded to their 2MBps service and then be given a MAC code....apparently they can't do this either ! Currently, if I cancel, I'm looking at being without broadband for 2-3 weeks, while the line is cleared...
Am currently thinking of suggesting to Wanadoo that they compensate me for any loss of internet access...also considering shouting at a few people :mad:

Anyone else had a similar experience, or have any suggestions ?

onephat

ULTIMATE Member
Am currently thinking of suggesting to Wanadoo that they compensate me for any loss of internet access...also considering shouting at a few people.

A ex tory MP is trying this with Bulldog but i'm guessing deep in their terms they say they are not responsible for any loss of service. It'd be a difficult one to try and argue both with them and through the legal system, if you have the funds and will power to take it that far.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
suffrins said:
A word of warning !
Towards the end of last year, Wanadoo recently gave me a free (!) upgrade from 2 MBps to 8MBps - this was in order to keep me as a customer...very nice I thought...
Since the upgrade I had intermittent connection problems, which eventually led me to look for an alternative ISP (that and their broadband "technical" support, which is a joke). Having found a suitable one, I phoned Wanadoo to get a MAC code...unfortunately they can't issue MAC codes for customers using their high speed service !!! Apparently this is because they physically have equipment in BT exchanges, as opposed to just using their lines (or something). I asked if I could be downgraded to their 2MBps service and then be given a MAC code....apparently they can't do this either ! Currently, if I cancel, I'm looking at being without broadband for 2-3 weeks, while the line is cleared...
Am currently thinking of suggesting to Wanadoo that they compensate me for any loss of internet access...also considering shouting at a few people :mad:

Anyone else had a similar experience, or have any suggestions ?
They are not imformed members of staff then as wanadoo are signed up to the ofcom migration code of practice they do have to supply you with a MAC code and they are able to even on a LLU system, If it was me i would demand to speak to a manager.

Darwin T

Hi there

I used to work for Orange.

Try calling 0870 8700 862

That is the direct telephone number for the Execative Office, based in Darlington.

Orange are a complete joke, i worked in there callcentre in North Tyneside (newcastle) until 4 weeks ago when i left the company as i was sick and tired how they treated staff and formost there customers.

Oh and when you ring that number, say customer service's have given you this, as it isnt published anywhere :rolleyes:

Regards

Darwin T

oh and whoever you have spoken to at Orange about they cannot give out MAc codes is a complete load of SH** and i have a MAC code and i am thinking of migrating to Sky.

Good luck, keep us updated

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1424)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules