Sponsored Links

Looking for advice regarding FTTP Install

neodoughnut

Good Evening All,

I placed my order with BT in October for their Full Fibre 900 with a scheduled install date of 18th November - which I had booked off the day off and no one turned up and nor did i get any communication from BT (emails/texts). Since the start of November, I have had only two separate voicemails advising me that they would call back with an update - and which also never happened. I have also tried ringing BT myself on several occasions and only got through on one occasion.

There also seems to be an issue with my account - where the person I managed to get through to on the one occasion advised me that it said on their system that the External Visit was due to visit tomorrow and this has basically saying this every day on the order tracker since I first placed with no External Visit actually taking place and then loops onto the next day (See Attachment).

As I have not placed an order for FTTP with Openreach before, I am not sure how the process works - when I ordered FTTC from NowTV at my previous property, I got confirmation from NowTV and was contacted directly by OpenReach Engineer - none of which has happened with BT - is this because this was a once stage process?

I have now placed an order with EE for their Full Fibre Max 900 - and I am wondering if this has a chance of actually getting this installed, or if I sit on an OpenReach system which is shared between the ISPs and I'll have the same issue with EE?

Thanks everyone :)

Steve

Attachments

• BT.jpg
    BT.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 129
Sounds like an admin fail to me (hopefully it won't happen with EE, but they are part of the same group), although if you've only just placed a new order then you should be mindful of this:

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

just to give you an update - I now have had Full Fibre Max 900 with EE installed over a week after having quoted the article above and a very helpful lady from EE and has been a much more responsive experience that I had with BT.

I would also like to thank the people on this forum for their assistance too. :)

Thanks

Steve

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules