Sponsored Links

Looking for personal emergency app

Augustin

Sorry for off topic, but I'm looking for an Android app to help me and my sister feel safe when we return from work late. Without having to text when something happens.
Anything to recommend?

Many Android phones have something similar built-in. Just open Settings and look for SOS or "emergency". Usually it can send a text with your location to a specific person(s), alerting them.
You trigger it by repeatedly pressing a certain button.

Sponsored Links
My Pixel 3A on Android 12 has it called Emergency SOS, 5 presses on the power button turns it on and sounds alarm (if selected on set up) texts a preset contact and phones 999 (if selected and confirmed on setup).

My last few samsungs have had this feature, gps coordinates, sends a message and can be configured to send images also.
A personal attack alarm might also be worth an investment and perhaps some self defence classes to build confidence

Thanks for all the replies! I found this personal emergency app, me and my sister are emergency contacts of each other. As of today, it gives us peace of mind.
My last few samsungs have had this feature, gps coordinates, sends a message and can be configured to send images also.
A personal attack alarm might also be worth an investment and perhaps some self defence classes to build confidence
actually, a gps tracker wasn't what I was looking for. Sharing my location at any time is like too much monitoring. The app I chose shares it only in case of a dangerous situation. But thanks for sharing your experience, anyway!

I wish the nothing phone had an SOS mode that did more than just call 999 after 5 seconds. Triggered it by accident taking my phone case off 3 times now 😂

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20230214-200653.png
Screenshot_20230214-200656.png

I reccomend life360, it's what my household use. You don't need the premium version and the notifications work super well (Notifications for arriving & leaving home + arriving and leaving a workplace on the free one). It also has crash detection and a silent emergency button which notifies the other members of the "circle" and the assigned contacts.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5512)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules