Sponsored

Losing temper with Be

PeteK

ISP Rep
The "BE box" is on loan, so I guess they might have them refurbed for their own re-use. http://www.bethere.co.uk/equipmentFAQ.do#faq10
Absolutely. I wholly agree. But there is a limit to the testing that will be performed on a "refurb". I would suspect they get flashed back to the current firmware and operationally tested and polished and re-boxed. I would also suspect they more than likely do no perform a full under load burn test which might explain various shortcomings later on. I bet Netlynx won't confirm what they actually do tho!

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
The latest hoops for me to jump through:

Be Support said:
Dear Member,

Thank you for contacting us.
Please, try with another DSL cable. Also if you are using an extension cables from the socket that you are connected, please do not use them any more. Please, check also if you have noises on the voice part of the liner. You can do this when you dial from your land line phone 1 70 70 and select option 2. This is quiet line test and even if you are hearing a small back ground noise you have to contact BT to fix this problem, because it will be a problem with the voice part of the line. Also update us if you something connected except telephones that is connected to the DSL line for example Sky box, red care alarm or fax machine.
Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Be*Team
I've tried 2 different extension cables (neither makes a difference), I have nothing apart from phone/router attached, I haven't noticed any noises during voice calls, but I'll do the check tonight.

Turning the router upside down has reduced it's temperature, but hasn't solved the problem.

sentup.custard

ULTIMATE Member
"I'll do the check tonight."

Check it twice - with the router connected and without.
I get a very feint pulsing noise on my voice line - but it goes away when I kill the router, as it is interference from the router that's causing it.
My broadband connection's rock solid, and the background pulsing noise on the voice line is not noticeable in conversation, so I don't worry about it - but if I did have problems, relied on that quiet line test done with the router connected, and called BT out, I'd end up paying when they found nothing wrong with the line!

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
I've never noticed any line noise (except when our wireless handset is getting low on power). It's not a new phone and it's never caused any probs with any other ISP.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Whatever the problem is, it isn't the router overheating.

I switched it off this morning, then switched it back on again when I got home. 15 minutes later it disconnected, before it had had a chance to really get hot.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Router stats, as of 8.30

Uptime: 0 days, 0:08:57
Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 737 / 10,248
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/KB]: 8.00 / 79.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 16.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 10.5 / 23.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5.0 / 16.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / µ
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 54 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 32 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 269 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 14,219
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 275,409 / 86
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 554,944 / 82

fence007

to be honest definitely is not the bebox cause i've changed that with linksys but still get disconnected why god knows i'm still trying to solve the puzzle

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules