Sponsored Links

Loss of Signal

suffolk

Mobile Broadband
I have a Huawei B525 with a Plusnet Data sim and a Huawei 37AE Mini Router with a NowMobile sim
B525 indoors and the Mini Router in my workshop
Both on the EE network
As soon as the temperature get to the mid 30`s, both routers fail to connect to the internet
ie, yesterday they both crashed at 2pm, and restored themselves later in the evening
Same last week when it was 40C, possibly 4 days, only working in the mornings
When they fail both still indicate that I am receiving a signal (B525 - 5 bars) but indicating "No Internet" rather than "Connected Secured"
This problem is temperature dependant and the common factor is the EE base station ?
It`s not that far away about half a mile, I can see it from my bedroom window
I cant change to another operator, EE is the ony signal we have in the village
But we have two mobiles wilth Plusnet and they still work OK, which baffles me ?

Mobile Broadband
I have a Huawei B525 with a Plusnet Data sim and a Huawei 37AE Mini Router with a NowMobile sim
Both on the EE network
As soon as the temperature get to the mid 30`s, both routers fail to connect to the internet
ie, yesterday they both crashed at 2pm, and restored themselves later in the evening
When they fail both still indicate that I am receiving a signal (B525 - 5 bars) but indicating "No Internet" rather than "Connected Secured"
This problem is temperature dependant and the common factor is the EE base station ?
But we have two mobiles wilth Plusnet and they still work OK, which baffles me ?
If your mobiles work ok, does that mean they're pulling decent data speeds? Or just phone and text?

The weather can impact the networks ability to perform under hot temperatures, could also be that everyone is out and about utilising the network more, causing an intermittent connection (not sure on your locality).

Do you not get a Three signal, having said you're on EE? As they tend to have a mast agreement in most places, though possibly not in such rural settings.

EE have a problem with overheating antenna on their masts, if your phones are ok downloading speedwise but router not check they are connecting to the same mast.

Sponsored Links
Mobile Broadband
Both on the EE network
Which village?

2x Mobile Huawei Routers and 2x Mobile phones all failed at 10am
On the Mobile phone "search for Network" fails to find Plusnet
3x PN Sims, 1 x NowMobile Sim (all EE)
Slowly restoring now at 2130
Location Bures- CO8 5LH

UPDATE Fri
Plusnet shows NO service problems
BUT EE web site states there are service problems at CO8 5LH

Last edited:
It seems EE have known about this temperature problem since the last heatwave 16-19 July
During the past four days 11 -14th Aug no data or mobile service from early morning until late evening
EE response "We are working on it, but it may take some time"
Considering it affects PN, EE and BT customers, how long do they need to rectify this problem
When its resolved it will request a refund on the days lost (8 at the moment)

Probably unrelated, but my nearest EE mast has been running on temporary diesel generators in recent weeks.

Sponsored Links
Probably unrelated, but my nearest EE mast has been running on temporary diesel generators in recent weeks.
Maybe testing backup solutions in preparations of potential blackouts this winter?

I phoned PN today for the 3rd/4th time who agreed that the mast was down as per the EE Network Service web site. To my astonishment, I was then told to contact EE direct if I wanted more info or to escalate the problem, I informed them my supplier was PN and not EE, and you were responsible for the service I paid for ( 2x mobiles 1x router)
Finally a PN Manager ( who had spoked to EE) called me back to say the Mast was in a local wood ( I knew that) and the Aerial Team were due to visit today (17th) and lop back some branches of the Conifers to restore service
This Outage had affected all BT/PN/EE Customers in Bures with a population of over 2,000
This problem started on the 16th July and he we are at Aug 17th,
Yesterday I dug out an old 3G mobile and purchased an O2 Sim to give me a least service to make mobile calls
When this is over I will request some compensation for this Fiasco

2x Mobile Huawei Routers and 2x Mobile phones all failed at 10am
On the Mobile phone "search for Network" fails to find Plusnet
3x PN Sims, 1 x NowMobile Sim (all EE)
Slowly restoring now at 2130
Location Bures- CO8 5LH

UPDATE
See latest post below

Just thought I would update you on this fiasco
The mast was placed years ago in a small wood, above the Valley where we live. Since then the Conifer trees have grown considerably to swamp the antenna
I was told by EE 2 weeks ago the Mast team would arrive and cut the branches back
Yesterday I was informed, there is a tree Preservation Order on these trees and currently they can`t be touched
Now referred "Up the EE tree" presumably to get permission from the District Council to allow work to be carried out
This could take some time........................
We can`t swap supplier because the signal form 3, O2 and Voda are non existant because their mast radiation pattern do not cover the CO8 area
This all started on July 16th and some days there is 100% loss of signal rendering Mobiles and Broadband useless
OFCOM rules do not allow Mobiles to receive compensation for loss of Service, but PN have agreed to refund my x3 Sim charges since July until the fault is cleared

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules