Sponsored

MAC code for Maxsurf connection

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
How do I get a MAC code for my Maxsurf connection?
To get your MAC code, please write to us with the following information:

* Account Holder Name
* Telephone Number
* Account Address
* Username & Login
* Contact Email Address

Send it to us at:

MAC Request
Breathe Networks Limited
PO Box 5384
London W1A 5YU

Once we receive your request and check your details against the information that we have been provided, we will respond with your MAC code within 5 working days. For security reasons we can only send the MAC code to the address registered with the account.

There will be no charges for MAC codes!

http://www.breatheinternet.com/maxsurf

furry_gizmo

Marcus, I hope you are still active in the forum.

Why can I not just email this information in to you? I have already been waiting for over a month now since my original request for a MAC from Biscit. What difference does it make to have the request on paper rather than from the contact email address? It will still conatin all the relevant information you are asking for.

Do the Ofcom regs not allow for MAC requests to be made by mail, phone or email?

etiger

Casual Member
I think this is very cheap of them.. There we were given the impression that anyone wanted their MAC code will be able to get it later today over the phone!
If BTW could do that why can't they? (what security issue!)
My opinion of Breathe is dropping by this stance.
Not at all happy that after waiting this long we are now told to send them a letter!:mad:

kelbag

I suppose they had a heart attack when they realised just how many of us were going to be ringing in and re-thought things so their call centre staff didn't need stress therapy. I don't like it but I can understand it from their point of view as I work in a similar environment and when someone tells all the customers to ring in at the same time it's manic. Some days our agents don't get a lunch break never mind chance to go to the loo

furry_gizmo

I know what it is like in busy call centres, but there is no reason why Breathe couldn't create a specific email account to handle these requests and put a couple of staff members on it to deal with the requests, especially as they are asking for a contact email.

Perhaps it is the cynic in me, but maybe some people may not want to be bothered now to write in and request a MAC, so will just go with Breathe for the sake of having all this over.

I'm sorry Breathe, we are grateful for everything you have done to help us out, but we have not asked to be put in this position, we had no choice in who Thus/EURIsp handed our details over too, and now we have to write in to request a MAC, it is just yet another hurdle to overcome and another delay in providing us with what many people have been waiting for months to obtain.

ptanser

I also called Breathe this morning and I said to them that means its another day or so before they get my letter and the chap said it could be later today and to refer to the website, so i assumed I could email them the information.

I think this is disgusting the way this has happened I asked for my mac code on the 15th Feb, and reading all the forum, breathe's website, etc we should get our Mac code TODAY not in another week.

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
deja vous

I know what it is like in busy call centres, but there is no reason why Breathe couldn't create a specific email account to handle these requests and put a couple of staff members on it to deal with the requests, especially as they are asking for a contact email.

Perhaps it is the cynic in me, but maybe some people may not want to be bothered now to write in and request a MAC, so will just go with Breathe for the sake of having all this over.

I'm sorry Breathe, we are grateful for everything you have done to help us out, but we have not asked to be put in this position, we had no choice in who Thus/EURIsp handed our details over too, and now we have to write in to request a MAC, it is just yet another hurdle to overcome and another delay in providing us with what many people have been waiting for months to obtain.
Anyone else getting a feeling of deja vous.
I was considering staying with Breathe, but no way now.
After what we have all been through I think this tactic is going to seriously backfire on Breathe.

jack8

Pro Member
I agree you should be able to just email them and get your code. I appreciate they have been trying to help and for that thanks. It's seems bad that 2 weeks have gone by and some of you can still not get a mac.

I wish you all well in your efforts.

ptanser

Well I've just posted my Mac request letters, guarenteed for tommorrow and signed for, lets just hope I get my mac, asap

NetFan

Top Member
Right I've just called them, a guy with a very stoing indian accent told me they've not got ANY of the 4,500 maxsurf customers on their database still so even if you posted a mac code request today it would be unlikely you would get a reply within the 5 days, it could be 2 or 3 weeks then I said, all he kept saying was I quite understand, here we go again then :-(

jack8

Pro Member
This is so Bad. It would appear that loads of biscit Customers are still not aware of what is going on from looking at other forums.

furry_gizmo

Did the earth just shake and move the goalposts yet again .....

When will this nightmare end? C'mon Marcus, you have been oipen and honest with us till now, what is going on please?

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
Right I've just called them, a guy with a very stoing indian accent told me they've not got ANY of the 4,500 maxsurf customers on their database still so even if you posted a mac code request today it would be unlikely you would get a reply within the 5 days, it could be 2 or 3 weeks then I said, all he kept saying was I quite understand, here we go again then :-(
Are you watching OFCOM & more important are you actually going to do anything this time?

furry_gizmo

Marcus, If the Indian call centre guy is correct, and it is still going to be another 2 or 3 weeks before you are able to issue MAC's, what will happen to the ADSL connections for those of us who want a MAC? Will we be cut off because we haven't signed up to one of your offers, or will you continue to provide us with connectivity at your cost until we get a MAC?

ptanser

I tried to call Breathe again to see if we could request the Mac's via email, however the phone just rang and rang, then I got the BT message saying the other person has hung up, I've now tried 3 times and got the same message:mad:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2243)
  3. FTTC (1670)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1427)
  7. Business (1254)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1098)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1053)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. Wireless Internet (917)
  14. 4G (916)
  15. Virgin Media (867)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (530)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules