Sponsored

MAC code for Maxsurf connection

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
I tried to call Breathe again to see if we could request the Mac's via email, however the phone just rang and rang, then I got the BT message saying the other person has hung up, I've now tried 3 times and got the same message:mad:
I think the technical term for this phenomenon is cutomercentricity

NetFan

Top Member
Marcus, If the Indian call centre guy is correct, and it is still going to be another 2 or 3 weeks before you are able to issue MAC's, what will happen to the ADSL connections for those of us who want a MAC? Will we be cut off because we haven't signed up to one of your offers, or will you continue to provide us with connectivity at your cost until we get a MAC?
I asked him if it COULD BE a few weeks, he would'nt really answer to this. When they get the database then things will get moving obvioulsy, but WHEN is the question !

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I asked him if it COULD BE a few weeks, he would'nt really answer to this. When they get the database then things will get moving obvioulsy, but WHEN is the question !
They was supposed to have the database sure i read where Marcus sais they was putting the details in and by thursday they would be ready to deal with requests. It is perhaps the offshore call centre not being upto date with this.

kai_soze

say i requested a mac code, from breathe would i need to inform them that i was changing isp, would not want them charging me, as they have my biscuit details?

PeeJay

Top Member
Errr... why would you want a MAC (a Migration Authorisation Code) if you weren't going to change ISP? :shrug:

kai_soze

ok fair enough, however after requesting a MAC code do Breathe stop providing you with internet connection as most ISP providers take 5 working days to activate their service?

furry_gizmo

I would like to think they would continue to provide you with a service until you migrate. The MAC is only valid for 30 days, so if you don't use it, you should still be able to continue with your existing service

PeeJay

Top Member
That's how it should work in normal circumstances. I suppose you'd have to ask our friend Marcus what Breathe's position is.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I would like to think they would continue to provide you with a service until you migrate. The MAC is only valid for 30 days, so if you don't use it, you should still be able to continue with your existing service
This would be normally the casse if you was signed up to the ISP here your details are V21/Biscit. Breathe have asked you to select one packaaaage most suitable to you and sign up. I would say until you sign up to Breathe you are not their cuistomer. I think on the 1st April the service for those who haven't signed up will cease to work. This would be correct as they have only said they would provide a free connection until then.

dubbie

Hi, from what I'm reading are we all being held to ransome again, i.e.
Breathe say they don't have any of our details yet, so can't issue Macs and....wait for it, unless we sign up to breathe all our BB connections will stop after April 1st? My faith in all ISPs is rapidly disappearing down the loo.
Nah, can't happen, must be an April fools gag, surely.....?
Just to Clarify, I phoned breathe last night and got the same answer, next Monday at the very earliest, can anyone in the know please clarify the situation? Cheers

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hi, from what I'm reading are we all being held to ransome again, i.e.
Breathe say they don't have any of our details yet, so can't issue Macs and....wait for it, unless we sign up to breathe all our BB connections will stop after April 1st? My faith in all ISPs is rapidly disappearing down the loo.
Nah, can't happen, must be an April fools gag, surely.....?
you have requested a MAC code they have to give it within 5 working days. If not then you go to OFCOM.

dubbie

Hi Kits, yeh thats the letter of the law as I understood it, it just seems nobody in the ISP game is too keen on keeping to it.
This forum seems to be the only place where anyone shares info, Ofcom seem to want to let us all muddle things out between us, you've helped me out a lot on here with various contact numbers for the multitude of people who have been involved at some time or another, keep up the good work, it is appreciated, who's gonna be the first one to write the book about the great biscit fiasco?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Might be worth looking at the top 10 list from customer reviews..

here

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2247)
  3. FTTC (1671)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1428)
  7. Business (1255)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1101)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1054)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (917)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules