Sponsored

MAC Codes - now provisioned

romerogoon

Pro Member
Hi guys,

Just to let you know, Tesco are now providing MAC codes for their customers leaving the service. Tesco insiders are saying that the codes are available for customers who wish to move and cancel, but as with all MAC's - they are only active for thirty days. If you do not use them within this period, you've not left the service.

There are no reports as to when there will be a system to allow customers to migrate to Tesco.

Hope this helps.

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
That makes a pleasant change for Tesco Internet, actually giving customers some help in leaving them.

I had nightmares trying to leave their Dial Up service, and got over charged a months subscriptions in to the bargain, still they needed the money... :rolleyes:

Unicast

ULTIMATE Member
Inactive said:
That makes a pleasant change for Tesco Internet, actually giving customers some help in leaving them.

I had nightmares trying to leave their Dial Up service, and got over charged a months subscriptions in to the bargain, still they needed the money... :rolleyes:
When we had Tesco.net dial-up for our isdn I just logged into our account online (at Tesco.net) and changed our package to PAYG when we wanted to leave. :D

romerogoon

Pro Member
Unicast said:
When we had Tesco.net dial-up for our isdn I just logged into our account online (at Tesco.net) and changed our package to PAYG when we wanted to leave. :D
I don't wish to disrespect my former colleagues; but it's always more reliable when you do it yourself ;) Unfortunatley it's not so cool when you're in a broadband contract, then you'll have to play ball with the CS team :D

Inactive

ULTIMATE Member
Unicast said:

...........Which is fine if you are content for Tesco to keep an active access to your Bank ?/Credit Card Account/s. . I was not .. :rolleyes:

Stu81

I gave Tesco a ring tonight, and they said they don't provide MAC codes. When I said I'd read they are part of the voluntary Ofcom scheme, they magically changed their story! Too late for me though :mad:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2510)
  2. FTTP (2200)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1428)
  6. Openreach (1418)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1099)
  9. FTTH (1074)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1039)
  11. Fibre Optic (968)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (908)
  14. 4G (900)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (518)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules