Sponsored

MAC's are being delivered

jertzy

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! got mine...arrived 25 hrs & 4 mins after i received confirmation so thats well better than 5 days.

I'd like to thank my mum & dad, my wife n kids, my mates and anyone else who knows me but especially to Kits & Paul n all the regulars. and thanks to Marcus for delivering on promises...which makes a nice change!

Here's to some smooth migrations..... :)

kelbag

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA just dropped in my mailbox

one happy bunny now :D

kai_soze

i got my reply this morning @ 9.30 saying they had recieved my email just waiting for my MAC CODE, i wont belive it untill i see it in my inbox.

kelbag

Sounds daft I know but I'm giving Sky a chance, I live quite close to the exchange (about a mile) and it's only £5 a month. So never say I look before I leap lol

Fingers crossed!!!

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Sounds daft I know but I'm giving Sky a chance, I live quite close to the exchange (about a mile) and it's only £5 a month. So never say I look before I leap lol

Fingers crossed!!!
Have you checked how long it will take them to migrate you to them as from the 1st April you will have no connectioin. I think it takes longer to migrate to a LLU connection due to having to get an engineer to go to the exchange and physically change you to the ISPs equipment.

kelbag

Have you checked how long it will take them to migrate you to them as from the 1st April you will have no connectioin. I think it takes longer to migrate to a LLU connection due to having to get an engineer to go to the exchange and physically change you to the ISPs equipment.
Does that count even with a mac expiry of 22/04? I do know that at my local exchange there's engineers on site (its quite a big one) so i don't think it will take that long. Oh well, if it does I have an old payg dial-up account which i'll use in the meantime

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Does that count even with a mac expiry of 22/04? I do know that at my local exchange there's engineers on site (its quite a big one) so i don't think it will take that long. Oh well, if it does I have an old payg dial-up account which i'll use in the meantime
Kelbag put yourself in Breathes shoes if you owned the company saved the connections for a large amoount of people who had contracts with an ISP that had closed. Given them free internet until the 1st april some requested MACs would you continue to supply internet free another 10days approx free when you had already said it was free until the 1st. For Breathe to keep you connected after the 1st I would presume you have to sign up with them.

kelbag

true, to be honest though I'm sick and tired of the small isp's (no offense Marcus) and I just want to move to a large company that aren't going to go bankrupt anytime soon. I can't afford BT or Virgin so Sky is my best bet. Like I said I'll use an old dial-up account for a week or so after 1st April until its sorted out. It's not desperate as I'm sure i can suffer slow speeds for a short while

mrmt32

Casual Member
I am also going to move to sky once I receive my MAC code (I have been trying to move to them for the past 4 months). How long does the MAC code stay valid for? Will it stay valid long enough for sky to register me?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I am also going to move to sky once I receive my MAC code (I have been trying to move to them for the past 4 months). How long does the MAC code stay valid for? Will it stay valid long enough for sky to register me?
MAC codes are valid for 30days

jertzy

I'm going for the Sky £5 also. Took me 48 mins to get through earlier but it was on a non-0870 number so only me free mobile mins got hammered! migration takes up to 15 days but then i can finally start to enjoy biscuits again....

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
AS long as you all remember after the 1st you will be on dialup waiting to migrate to sky of Be

kelbag

Kits, we'll remember. Can I take this opportunity as hopefully I wont need to come on here often in the future to thank yourself, mel and marcus for all the assistance given to us poor hopeless saps. without everyone's tireless efforts (and me accidently stumbling across this board) i would still be in the dark about everything thats occurred. if I could, I would send you either a big bunch of flowers, a box of chocs or a bottle of spirits of your choice which ever would suit to say thank you. It may not sound like it at times but I'm sure everyone appreciates everything you guys have done

jertzy

Thanks Kits, i looked on the breathe/biscit website and couldn't see a mention of it cutting off. Is it on the forum somewhere? Spose I have had it free for 5 months so can't really complain if i have to pay for some dialup!!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2251)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1109)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (599)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules