Sponsored

MAC's are being delivered

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Without going through all Marcu's posts he did say that Breathe and Eurisp was giving you free internet until the 1st.. So after the 1st Eurisp will start to bill Breathe for all connected.

JaXanim

Casual Member
AS long as you all remember after the 1st you will be on dialup waiting to migrate to sky of Be
Surely it doesn't take up to 15 days to migrate to Sky Connect does it? Everyone's talking about the £5 Sky deal, but I can't get their LLU service so I've decided on their 8mbit Connect deal. Am I likely to be disconnected before Sky come through? I've asked for a MAC from Breathe who are processing my request, but 1st April is only just over a week away. It's all gonna be a bit tight!

JaX

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Surely it doesn't take up to 15 days to migrate to Sky Connect does it? Everyone's talking about the £5 Sky deal, but I can't get their LLU service so I've decided on their 8mbit Connect deal. Am I likely to be disconnected before Sky come through? I've asked for a MAC from Breathe who are processing my request, but 1st April is only just over a week away. It's all gonna be a bit tight!

JaX
Sky Connect is IPStream based, so the migration at BT's end should be quite quick (once the order is placed with BT). One potential snag though is that you need Sky's router to be able to use it as your password is hard coded into it and sky won't tell you what it is, so you'll hae to hope they are reasonably quick to dispatch it to you.

If your phone is back with BT you may be able to track the order on BT's site:- http://pathogenrush.blogspot.com/2007/01/tracking-broadband-orders-regrades-and.html

jertzy

Sky Connect is IPStream based, so the migration at BT's end should be quite quick (once the order is placed with BT). One potential snag though is that you need Sky's router to be able to use it as your password is hard coded into it and sky won't tell you what it is, so you'll hae to hope they are reasonably quick to dispatch it to you.

If your phone is back with BT you may be able to track the order on BT's site:- http://pathogenrush.blogspot.com/2007/01/tracking-broadband-orders-regrades-and.html
Thanks Mel - most useful..!! :nod:

mrmt32

Casual Member

I just went on there and according to that my old ipstream service was ceased and "LLU LINE SHARE PSTN" was started back in the beginning of February. This was around when I first contacted sky about getting broadband and they said that they couldn't do anything until I got the MAC code. Maybe they somehow switched me over in preparation without taking me off v21 if thats actually possible. I can only hope that that means that the sky registration will go through faster (and stop me having to use dial-up for very long)

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
LLU LINE SHARE PSTN
I have the same on my line which is with AOL and still on IPstream (as confirmed by being able to connect using the anything@speedtest_domain login).

I'm pretty sure this is BT moving ipstream connections onto BT Openreach's systems, for the sake of equivalence so that they share the same ordering systems as LLU.

One thing I'm uncertain about is if ADSL orders will still be shown on that system after BT has moved the line to the LLU ordering system. Hopefully they are as it was indispensible when chasing up AOL :mad:

JaXanim

Casual Member
I certainly don't want to sound ungrateful for the terrific help Breathe have provided in all this mess, but I hope they won't cease anybody's service before they have had time to migrate (if that's what they want to do). I understand Breathe have said they'll keep us going until the end of March, but their provision of 'Maxsurf' MACs only started on 22 March which gives very little time for those EurISP customers to sort themselves out.
The Breathe webpage says they will contact 'Maxsurf' members with an offer of Broadband services or explain how to migrate by requesting a MAC in writing. Clearly, it's gong to be impossible to sustain a service to 'Maxsurf' members if the cut off point is to be 1 April.
Is this the situation for those 1,400 customers or will Breathe's generosity be extended for them? Unfortunately, I suspect many of these Maxsurf/EurISP customers have no idea all this is going on.

JaX

Jeezeypeeps

Casual Member
Nope; got a nice e-mail saying "thanks for requesting a MAC, blah de blah de blah....please sign up with us"; but no MAC code yet.

I'd be more impressed if they just sent the MAC and didn't bother with the marketing message.:cool:

mrmt32

Casual Member
Still waiting for mine too (sent request on Thursday). Maybe they don't work on Mondays :shrug:

phuqfaze

hi ive been reading this thread for months now (along with the rest of the forum) but i finally got round to registering. just like to say that i too requested my mac by email on thursday, but i recieved my mac at 10:15 this morning.....so i have signed up for "be".....activation is on 4/4...

anyone know any opinions of them??

thanx for helping me with all the info guys over the last few months

steven

mrmt32

Casual Member
Ah so people are still getting them then. With regards to 'be' I have heard a lot of good things about them (I was going to go with them but they pushed the activation date for my exchange back to November and because of this whole biscit fiasco I can't wait until then to switch).

boxman

Casual Member
Hi everyone

I`m asking for a mate who`s with Biscit/V21 BB.
Who are you contacting to request a MAC code?
Thanks in advance

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hi everyone

I`m asking for a mate who`s with Biscit/V21 BB.
Who are you contacting to request a MAC code?
Thanks in advance
Wouls depend on who he was with if his connection was with Eurisp then you contact http://www.breatheinternet.com/biscit
If he was supplied by BT then its BT he calls for the MAC code.

Technically if he isn't garden walled then he is with Breathe as they have kept the customers connected until they requested MACs.

mrmt32

Casual Member
Just got my MAC code and registered with sky :D. It seems as though after about 6 months all this biscit trouble is over for me. I just hope that sky doesn't cause any problems.

kai_soze

No F8cking internet, down for 48 hrs due to maxsurf/breathe server going down according to customer support and STILL NO MAC CODE!!!!! email went out thursday ill be the last to have it.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1425)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1037)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (412)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules