Sponsored

Mail Failures

TonyBrown

We have experienced a number of occasions over the past couple of weeks, where mail has taken an exceptionally long time to be delivered. On one occasion, this took 4 1/2 days. Ths particular header was sent to Customer Support for investigation, but no problem was found. A possible DNS issue from last week was suggested to be the problem.

This morning, mail sent in the last three hours has not been delivered. It has gone into one of the cyber black holes. Customer support have checked it has left the ARC, but cannot trace it. Mails send by Customer Support from our ARC to themselves are also not arriving.

This is not good, on a premium business service. Nothing is showing on the Service Status page. Maybe the problem is just with us, but this seems unlikely since the problem appears to be not with our local equipment.

Anyone else suffering with this?

Tony Brown

TonyBrown

I've just been told that Aramiska are under a Spam attack from one of their own customers. Maybe I'm being thick here, but this seems to be a very simple problem, since they can disconnect them instantly. It also seems odd they can be spammed to this extent for over 3 hours and not notice.

Ho hum, wait a bit longer I suppose.

Tony Brown

Bartman

Sounds like a 'get them off our back quick' type thing to say.

Besides that, it doesnt make sense.

Apart from what you said (the shockingly simple disconnect the offending customer-why cant they do that?!?), a SPAM attack? A dos attack maybe, but SPAM attack?

Hum. Summat weird going on here.

And why the hell would someone paying £60 a month (I have no idea what it is, but I know its expensive) want to spam their own ISP??

I think they may be having problems and just wanted to get rid of you.

TonyBrown

Aramiska have now said that "Our mailserver was overloaded due to a misconfigured domain from one of our customers". I would not normally bother posting this sort of stuff in open forum, but Aramiska don't seem to want to provide this information to their customers on their own Network Status page. This makes no reference to today's problems. I have asked why.

Mail delivery now seems back to normal, but not all the backlog mail seems to have been delivered.

Tony Brown

Satellite Stan

Pro Member
Re-boot

Tony,

If you have a Further Problem try a re-boot on your ARC as this should rectify the situation, I am not aware of any major Network issues to do with Mail

Regards

Mike

TonyBrown

Mike,

Well, either you are right, or your support team are right. They say (in a message to us) that there was a problem with their mailservers being unable to cope, due to a problem on another users configuration. If this is true, I would have expected a note on the Network Status. The reason for raising this thread in the first place was to gauge whether the problem was localised to us or not. I am not sure how many other end users monitor this forum, I would guess from the low post rate not that many.

TonyBrown

Just to close this out, Aramiska Support have agreed that a Network Status update should have been issued, and say they have put into place a mechanism to make this happen. An improvement in information available to their customers can only be a good thing.

I wish they had been move pro-active in spotting their mailserver was unhappy earlier, but I suppose you can't have everything.

Tony Brown

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £60 Cashback
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2488)
  2. FTTP (2145)
  3. FTTC (1645)
  4. Building Digital UK (1590)
  5. Openreach (1402)
  6. Politics (1399)
  7. Business (1224)
  8. Statistics (1089)
  9. FTTH (1047)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1023)
  11. Fibre Optic (964)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (908)
  13. Wireless Internet (894)
  14. 4G (885)
  15. Virgin Media (850)
  16. Sky Broadband (592)
  17. EE (582)
  18. TalkTalk (572)
  19. Vodafone (506)
  20. Security (409)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules