Sponsored Links

Major problems at O2

I have been unable to access my email O2 email account since Sunday. I now have 32 emails waiting for me but when I try to access them using outlook express, I get an error message for each email:

Message number 1 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.o2.co.uk', Server: 'mail.o2.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR cannot open disk file error 2', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

I then tried to access my email via webmail on the O2 website, but most of the site is inaccessible at the moment.

So I then tried mail2web which rejects my password.

SO i then tried to call O2. There is a message saying they are aware that there are problems with their netwrok at the moment. I held for 30 mins waiting to speak to somebody before I gave up.

This is starting to get beyond a joke now. How can a large company like O2 leave its customers without email for 3 days???:mad:

According to their service status page this has now been resolved.

I have to disagree I'm afraid. Just tried to check my email again...

"The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.o2.co.uk', Server: 'mail.o2.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR cannot open disk file error 2', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90"

Tried to access via the O2 webmail page and I can now log in but it gives me a list of emails with no sender info and each one titled "no subject". When I click on the link, it takes me to a blank page.

That message on the service status page about it being resolved is totally untrue! It most certainly was not resolved at 0530 this morning (although theres no indication of when "this morning" is as the message is dated 30th June ie 2 days ago and i've not been able to access my email since Monday 30th June when I tried after I got home from work). I've just finally managed to get through to O2 and they said they are still working on it.

Poor show from O2 over this i'm afraid which is very surprising given their consistently high standards up until now. I'm not an expert in this area but I'm starting to find it hard to believe it takes 3 days to fix an email server.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Still not working. Same error message when using outlook express, and the O2 webmail page just times out. Just called O2 and they still cant give an estimate of when its going to be fixed - "they thought it was fixed but then it fell over again". Now removed altogether from the status page of O2! This just keeps getting worse. 5 days without being able to access my email! Is this a record? It's certainly starting to get beyond a joke now.

Well, its now been over a week since my email account last worked correctly and it STILL isn't sorted.

Still getting the same error messages, still unable to send emails. I've lost count of the amount of times i've spoken to O2 about this in the last week. Initially, i was fobbed off with "yes there is a problem affecting everybody- try it again later". Now, they claim the problem is fixed for the majority so they don't seem interested in helping me. I called 2 days ago and spent nearly an hour on the phone trying to sort the problem. I was told I would receive a response from second line support within 48 hrs. That deadline has been and gone so I called again... my case hasn't even been looked at since then and i'm now being told it might be 10 DAYS before I get a response.

I then threatened cancelling my account as this is totally unacceptable, and the guy on the phone didn't seem the slightest bit bothered.

Up until now I had no problems with O2 but this episode has showed they are just as bad as every other ISP out there when things go wrong. I would advise anybody looking at O2 to think twice before using this ISP.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules