Sponsored Links

Mast advice

Tigerfan

Pro Member
Hi wonder if anyone can help?
I'm awaiting %g with Three, and all around seems t have it apart from a circle around my house!
a new mast popped up in April, although its red on Cell mapper, 6554 with bands 3. Is this for 5G ? can anyone tell please?

Ah OK, I'll be able to do that tomorrow. just as a matter of interest, what bands should a 5G mast be please?

Ah OK, I'll be able to do that tomorrow. just as a matter of interest, what bands should a 5G mast be please?
N78 for 5G. Not sure if cellmapper shows 5G bands.

Sponsored Links
N78 for 5G. Not sure if cellmapper shows 5G bands.
No, cellmapper isnt great at the moment for even realising theres a 5G mast in place. It doesnt detect any near me but theres about 4 i can think of off the top of my head.

Could you download the CellMapper app and provide more signal points, that would help the software pin point the location a bit better. Just remember to stop and start the recording when you get home or anywhere you spend a lot of time and don't want it lighting up like a Christmas tree via the traces!

Could you download the CellMapper app and provide more signal points, that would help the software pin point the location a bit better. Just remember to stop and start the recording when you get home or anywhere you spend a lot of time and don't want it lighting up like a Christmas tree via the traces!
unfortunatley not I dont have an android phone

Sponsored Links
bumping this post a bit, i've managed and finally opened up my area

the closest i have is eNB 1245.

I'm getting -110 to -100 dBm/ -12dB:

does this mean i'm ok in getting those Three great speeds?
after speaking with a Three advisor yesterday and being gifted a 1GB of data to try the reception, still have none available in my account

Screenshot_20210721-103504_Network Cell Info Lite.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-103616_Network Cell Info Lite.jpg

bumping this post a bit, i've managed and finally opened up my area

the closest i have is eNB 1245.

I'm getting -110 to -100 dBm/ -12dB:

does this mean i'm ok in getting those Three great speeds?
after speaking with a Three advisor yesterday and being gifted a 1GB of data to try the reception, still have none available in my account
Don't think you're going to get those nice speeds at -100 RSRP and -12dB SINR ... testing will tell.

Don't think you're going to get those nice speeds at -100 RSRP and -12dB SINR ... testing will tell.
is it safe to say that, if my vodafone has -110 too, will i get the same speeds? i'm getting 120-320Mbps with voda

Sponsored Links
is it safe to say that, if my vodafone has -110 too, will i get the same speeds? i'm getting 120-320Mbps with voda
Unfortunately not johnro, you may have the same figures, but you have to take into consideration contention ratios.

You may have only a small amount of users connected to one mast, but 30 million (Slight exaggeration lol) connected to the other so it'll be much slower.

So many variables to take into consideration, weather, trees in the way, backhaul performance etc.

Only sure way to test different network speeds is with a PAYG sim from the piggybackers and see how you get on.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules