Sponsored

Maxsurf Customers, Internet Connection

kai_soze

right after signing in tonight, i am unable to view any internet pages other than this website and the bt wholesale page asking customers to contact for their mac codes.

i have been on the phone to BT and have confirmed that i am a yourCommuncations customers as i am maxisurf login, i have restarted the pc, etc there is nothing wrong my end, only in that i cant connect to any website other than this one and the wholesale page bt has directed its Btwholesale customers to

any ideas?

kelbag

hi, try changing ur dns to 208.67.220.220. thats the one i have and i'm on ok. hope it works

kai_soze

No joy, nothing is working, its a getting a strugle to get this page loading its defos my DNS settings,

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
No joy, nothing is working, its a getting a strugle to get this page loading its defos my DNS settings,
Hi kai_soze I wil see if I can get some help for you but tomorrow phone Eurisp and report this to them as noone is to be garden walled.

kai_soze

i have tried some famous dns servers, to see if that would work but nothing, i have been speaking to the breathe ceo via emails for the last 40 mins and he has been very helpful, he has done several tests on my line and everything is fine, it seems to be my local configuration i dont know to be honest with you

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Which Bt screen are you getting the one that says your ISP cannot supply your internet or the official BT garden all one that will be asking you to call for a MAC code?

kai_soze

i am getting nothing, i can view the screen coz someone posted a link, of it on the forum. its my local config it has to be, but i have set my dns to auto :S

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
When I did a trace earlier I found that the v21 server has been removed and a second eurisp server in it's place. Also my ip address is now dynamic and is completely different from before.

My router has been detecting new dns on a regular basis over the last couple of days.

Last edited:

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
try hard setting openDNS settings'

Select "Control Panel" from the Start menu.
Click "Network Connections" from the "Control Panel" choices..
Choose your connection from the "Network Connections" window..
Click "Properties" button.
Select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and click "Properties."
Click the radio button "Use the following DNS server addresses" and type in OpenDNS addresses in the "Preferred DNS server" and "Alternate DNS server" fields,
Preferred DNS server address for Open DNS is:

Alternate DNS server address for Open DNS is:
then click "OK".
Restart your computer.

Try that and see if it works

BreatheCEO

DNS Problems!

Kai_soze,

You need to change your DNS Settings - I have asked someone in the Technical Team to give you a call which they will do before 22:00 tonight, or tomorrow during the day.

I think that your set-up might be trying to connect to a Biscit DNS server that doesn't exist any more, and that's why you're having problems.

Cheers,

M.

kai_soze

well like i say my modem, is internal a phonecall before 10 would be fab as i will be out tomz all day if i have no connection using a freinds connection, as it is vital that i have internet access tomz

BreatheCEO

Hello again, Kai_Soze,

We've just checked your line again and you are properly connected and generating traffic, so something needs to be done with your modem.

If our Tech Team cannot help, they will probably suggest that you try a new modem.

We can set you up with a dial-up account so that you can at least get your email.

M.

kai_soze

mmm, i really cant see it being a problem with my modem thou it has been working no problem, its only today. i might be able to get my hands on a router tomz to try. However if i go with breathe now when my details come thru looks like i got to buy a new modem if that is the case :(

Re: Kits thanks on the step by step guide done everything, but nothing same as normal, well it was worse because i was unable to access this site then

*Also tried connection test on msn, to see if that would provide me with some information gets as far as defualt gateway saying my gateway is offline.*

Last edited:

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
No worries it was worth a try but you wil be fine now Marcus is sorting you.

kai_soze

i hope so kits, so Far nothing is working, everything that has been tried has gone t*its up, as much as like the forum :s its only bloody site i can see there only so much i can take arhhhhh

dubbie

Hi Kai_soze and any others having ie problems.
Just got home and, no pages being displayed.
I had a fixed IP with my V21 package, this has now stopped working.
Had to change my settings from fixed to server assigned IP, my router's a Netgear DG834, now all is ok, if a little slower than usual. So hopefully yours can be sorted as easily.

stuartp44

Casual Member
Same here i needed a fixed ip address for what i do and now its gone, what a day really this just get worse and worse :(

kai_soze

just got my hands on some rubbish external modem, works fine i can view everything now, it will do untill i get a decent one, just want to say thanks to Marcus East who helped me as much as he was able to last night, and we diagnosed the problem, so far Breathe have been impressive

BreatheCEO

just got my hands on some rubbish external modem, works fine i can view everything now, it will do untill i get a decent one, just want to say thanks to Marcus East who helped me as much as he was able to last night, and we diagnosed the problem, so far Breathe have been impressive
Hi Kai_Soze,

Glad that you got the problem resolved!

M.

jertzy

hi, try changing ur dns to 208.67.220.220. thats the one i have and i'm on ok. hope it works
Hi, I have two pc's with one as the host. My 2nd pc's internet connection dropped when i lost the v21 email. I have tried the Network Wizard but it doesn't fix it. Anyone got any ideas why its not connecting?

Cheers :shrug:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2247)
  3. FTTC (1671)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1428)
  7. Business (1255)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1101)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1054)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (917)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules