Sponsored Links

Migrating

veryrichguy said:
the ISP does the routing to the internet, so it does make a lot of difference.

i was with fast24 on 1 meg, the internet speeds were 'p*ss poor' , after a migration, instantly beter speeds.
Aren't they part of V21? That would explain your problems if they are!! (see my other posts!!!!)

drgl said:
Aren't they part of V21? That would explain your problems if they are!! (see my other posts!!!!)

As far as I'm aware www.Fast24.net have absolutely no connection whatsoever with V21 or any other ISP that have subsequently set up under a similar name!

Actually I'm surprised that Fast24 haven't been able to action it, much as easy mobile did over easiermobile.com :shrug:

Last edited:
fast24 are not part of v21, but they are resellers of the same parent company , ie telefonica/netservices .

the internet problems i was having i believe were due to fast24, because these parent companies tunnel the dsl connections to the resellers who then subsequently provide internet connectivity with thier bgp peers etc.

In fast24's case, this connectivity was schite.

Sponsored Links
Having posted my 'problems' migrating from Customnet I have to say that it would appear that many of the ISP's read this forum. Thankfully Paul Howard from Customnet contacted me and I have managed to migrate. Customnet did give me a MAC code and the migration process to freedom2surf was very painless. I am now on a 2mb service at £14.99 instead of £21.99 for 512k and very pleased (so far).
I would recommend that you send everything to your ISP by recorded delivery and keep copies of all your letters. Customnet tried to tell me that I had to wait longer as I had not written to them. They insisted that they had not received a termination of contract from me. Luckily I quoted the reference number from the recorded delivery and all was sorted.
The ISP's that try and keep customers by being b***dy minded and not allowing migration will eventually lose out, I would have cancelled and waited for my line to clear than stay with a company I wasn't happy with.
Stiffy

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules