Sponsored

Migration - 3 weeks Double Charging ?

peterpiper

Casual Member
Titan tell me, on 7th Feb, that my service transfer date is 15th Feb. My Entanet billing period runs from the 9th of each month.
So Entanet want payment for a whole month from 9th Feb and I presume Vispa charging will commence, on my transfer date, 15th Feb. Thats over 3 weeks paying two service providers.

My monthly contract with Titan is based on a monthly rate for a given service. I don't see any reason I should pay 200% whenever Titan might choose.

When I've previously changed providers I obviously arrange the migration date to be a day or two before the monthly contract is up.

Why can't Titan get it right? Now that is what I call "poor performance".

I'll try asking Titan to change the date, but don't hold out much hope.

Any other Ideas?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Since it's only a small amount of cash and should happen once then I would pursue it under the guise of a formal complaint with your respective provider(s). If they still charge you then pay the money, but do a bit of math afterwards and issue an invoice to your ISP for the days where a service has not been provided and give them 30 days (fair) to pay. All the while make sure to keep your complaint open.

If you do not receive a refund then after 8 weeks the problem can be pursued through an ADR complaints handler. Granted this will take time but you should get your money back and with any luck the ISP will not want to involve the hassle of an ADR and pay-up. Check here for further details.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/new/complain/complain.shtml

uno

ISP Rep
From other threads on TBB, I seem to recall that Enta will refund you for any unused subscription for service.

Do Enta bill you direct, or do Titan bill you?

Matt

TitanADSL

ISP Rep
Hi

After migration to our new wholesale supplier Entanet will refund any days unused of service within 10 working days.
Our new supplier will then pro rata charge for part of this month and next month and then your next bill will be in April.

Regards

Matt

peterpiper

Casual Member
Thanks for replies.

I'm billed direct by Entanet.

Reply from Titan (Matt) confirms "entanet our old wholesale provider is refunding the difference once your connection will be moved to our new wholesale supplier".

So fingers crossed!

TitanADSL

ISP Rep
Hi

If you dont recieve a refund from Entanet after 10 working days drop me an email at support@titanadsl.co.uk and put your name and BT number on it and put it for the attention of Matt :nod:

Regards

Matt

peterpiper

Casual Member
Nearly 3 weeks now & no refund.

I cannot request a refund by mail because you haven't yet given me a replacement mail server login! Nor even an acknowledgement of the request.

I joined a service that was meant to include mail.

The new stupid control panel doesn't allow me to set up a mail server account or web-mail. The top of page 'CONTACT' link, https://secure.vispa.net.uk/myaccount/about-contact.php, gives "NOT FOUND" 404 error (6th March 01:00 - 03:00).

Failing transfer of old mail names then at least one default one would have helped.

I'll try requesting a refund as suggested, and resend mail login request, fao Matt but if you block hotmail them I'm stuffed.

A partial pro-rata refund for the period without mail would be a nice gesture. Perhaps funded from the interest on all the double charged amounts or even just from those that are never reclaimed.

It is ridiculous that people should be having to ask for money that is theirs. I wouldn't be surprised if 10% either don't realise they've been overcharged or can't be bothered to pursue it, sounds like a good idea for a scam.

Speed's lousy as well.

Last edited:

peterpiper

Casual Member
Quick Titan response

Quick response from Matt who replied later the same day with ***@titanmail.org.uk email login details.

The mail server is mail.titanmail.org.uk for both POP & SMTP.

Now, at last, I can send emails to anyone anywhere in our house.
The Titan mail server rejects every recipient e-mail address I try unless its ***@titanmail.org.uk :mad:

Titan Webmail doesn't have that restriction.

I'd expected to be given some Vispa email address. Is that an option?

peterpiper

Casual Member
I found that checking "My server requires authentication", in OE, solved the mail issue.

Still awaiting reply to request for refund.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: SPRING19
  • Vodafone £21.00 (*23.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.50
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2391)
  2. FTTP (1971)
  3. FTTC (1587)
  4. Building Digital UK (1540)
  5. Politics (1323)
  6. Openreach (1322)
  7. Business (1170)
  8. Statistics (1032)
  9. Mobile Broadband (954)
  10. FTTH (951)
  11. Fibre Optic (934)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (867)
  13. Wireless Internet (855)
  14. 4G (837)
  15. Virgin Media (801)
  16. Sky Broadband (573)
  17. TalkTalk (554)
  18. EE (550)
  19. Vodafone (462)
  20. Security (392)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules