Sponsored Links

Mikrotik 5G routers

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
It looks like Mikrotik have published price and specs for their Chateau 5G routers.

Cost-wise it's around $500 according to the site and it sports a variety of 5G modems supporting various bands and lte cats.

Good to finally have some alternative to Huawei! Looking forward to actually seeing them in the shops.

https://mikrotik.com/product/chateau_5g

https://i.mt.lv/cdn/product_files/Chateau_distro_4b_210344.pdf

PS: Ok, I got in touch with Mikrotik and they did mention the Chateau 5G is destined for large deployments (ie operators) rather than the general public, so good luck buying them.

They did mention however they will release generally available 5G products later this year, including outdoor ones.. sounds good to me, hope they'll follow through.

Attachments

• Selection_139.jpg
    Selection_139.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
$500 seems way too expensive. It’s double the price of the competition and we all know the Huawei ones are going to perform better..

Sponsored Links
Ok, I got in touch with Mikrotik and they did mention the Chateau 5G is destined for large deployments (ie operators) rather than the general public, so good luck buying them.

They did mention however they will release generally available 5G products later this year, including outdoors ones.. sounds good to me, hope they'll follow through.

$500 seems way too expensive. It’s double the price of the competition and we all know the Huawei ones are going to perform better..
you can not hard set the bands in Huawei which makes it unstable from a speed perspective, I have had it now for 6 months and I have to reboot it twice a week to get it on teh faster frequencies - when it works it works well but the LHG is far more stable. I have just ordered the Chateau5G, I hope its better than the Huawei. I think it will be.

Sponsored Links
Ok, I got in touch with Mikrotik and they did mention the Chateau 5G is destined for large deployments (ie operators) rather than the general public, so good luck buying them.

They did mention however they will release generally available 5G products later this year, including outdoors ones.. sounds good to me, hope they'll follow through.
No sign of the Mikrotik 5G external as yet, will have to see what the Chateau5G comes up with - will be testing it when it arrives tomorrow.

No sign of the Mikrotik 5G external as yet, will have to see what the Chateau5G comes up with - will be testing it when it arrives tomorrow.
Definitely keep us updated!
BTW, where did you buy it from?

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules