Sponsored Links

MikroTik RouterBOARD RBSXTR&R11e Setup

Weegaz21a

Casual Member
Hi guys, purchased the titled outdoor router and receiver, arrived today and looked easy to setup, 3hrs later and still nothing.

Have registered and topped up both an EE p&g sim and a Vodafone one.

tried both setting up using the Quickset page both nothing at all is working.

Has anyone any advice or set one up previous?

Shows up Sim not inserted

Don't have experience with mikrotik, but I heard you have to set up the apn manually. Did you try that?

On my LHG the sim card slot is a pain and easy to misalign the sim, all I can suggest is trial and error plus as Lucian suggests manually add the APN's and select the one for the inserted sim.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, it would seem the software needs updated before I go to far, so frustrating lol

The SIM card location really is a pain, it is not clear which way around it goes either, but it does click in which I assume is correct way round?

Not really, I got it the wrong way and it still took it and clicked. Once I got it right I took a pic and its kept on the phone for reference.
Do you have pic? I have the corner peice on the sim to the left hand side beside the network cable and the metal of the sim upwards

Shows up Sim not inserted
I have one of these and we can go into detail in necessary. However I think the first stage is to get that SIM properly inserted and recognised. I don't have physical access to mine at the moment but I don't remember any particular issues getting the correct slot. So I suspect it's not properly home.

Are you using Winbox? You can check the correct SIM slot is selected from "System / Routerboard / Modem"

Once the SIM is recognised you may, or may not have to enter the APN. That seems to depend on the carrier. But we need to get to the stage where you see it live and connected under "Interface / LTE1 / Cellular"

From memory I set mine originally using Quick Set. However there's an important caveat - don't run Quick Set more than once without completely resetting the device between. Apparently it doesn't play nicely revising an existing QS configuration.

QS should give you default LAN on 192.168.88.0/24 on both Ethernets, with NAT, firewall and Internet routing.

Ref firmware/software .. what version are you running at the moment? "System / Packages"? I didn't have to change mine from factory version (6.41.3) to get it alive. Once it's alive with Internet working you can get it to upgrade itself.

Sponsored Links
I'll get mine down from the loft if necessary and we can compare pictures, but I'll have to get clearance from the family for an Internet outage.

Finally got it working guys, the sim was in the wrong way around, it didn’t click but pushed it far enough eon that it wouldn’t come back out, it showed on Winbox, changed the apn and was able to log into WiFi router and set up easily, get 20mb download (previous air fibre was about 10mb on a good day, when it worked) with it sitting in the garage before I mount. Thanks for the help, the angled corner goes to the back right hand side, with the metal on sim pointing upwards for anyone who suffers like I did.

Sponsored Links
Finally got it working guys, the sim was in the wrong way around, it didn’t click but pushed it far enough eon that it wouldn’t come back out, it showed on Winbox, changed the apn and was able to log into WiFi router and set up easily, get 20mb download (previous air fibre was about 10mb on a good day, when it worked) with it sitting in the garage before I mount. Thanks for the help, the angled corner goes to the back right hand side, with the metal on sim pointing upwards for anyone who suffers like I did.

Curious, what was the setup you had before ? You say airFiber were you mooching a connection from somewhere else.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules