Sponsored

More Ezeedsl problems

I unfortunately got suckerd in by this shambolic company when fast24 collapsed It looked good at that time but I was soon realising I was stuck with a 12month contract and horrible service. Fastforward 12months and I sigh of relief now i realise my contract is up and I can finally escape....or so I thought.

On the 16th of october I asked for my MAC code ever since then nothing all I know is it has been "referred for manual intervention" Ive called Ofcom and sent them numerous emails which have all been ignored. Does anyone have any advice for another poor soul? Im all out of ideas :shrug:

If anyone one can help me I would be insanely greatfull:smilet:

cheers guys.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
if five days have passed ofcom would be the best bet to report to as by law ISPs are required to provide mac keys within 5 days regardless of if money is owed (which from what l see in your explanation isnt an issue, regardless 5 days no mac then something should be done)

lobster1

the automated mac code bit is one of the few things that usually works with this parasitic company, being ex fast24 did you get integrated into the crappy medusa portal thing (has sections for everything you dont want but nothing for the bits you really would find useful,except for the automated mac generator and that usually chucks out a code very quickly)

like you (im ex v21) ill be moving on shortly but there now seems to be problems trying to get the free months service we were promised at sign up,they seem to be bunging bills out for next month when its due, trying to get the idiots in billing there to do even simple sums like counting to 12 then adding 1 and making that a total 13 seems impossible,read the answer i got below

Dear Customer,
Your free service will be the 13th month after you complete your 1 year
contract. This invoice is for the period Invoice for Internet Service
for the period of 16th November 2007 to 15th December 2007 and you
contract started from (Date:20061116).

Kind Regards

Support

195 - 197 North Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire. LS7 2AA

beggars belief they cant even read and understand that a 12month contract payable monthly in advance that started on the 16th nov 06 will end on the 15th nov 07 and will be fully paid up on that date (or am i the stupid one)

its just insane how they can be left to go on after so many complaints, I'm looking at the possiblility of going to 186k and seeing if I can push anything from that side, I've even debated going down there in person im not that far away really only in manchester.

I have been advised by Ofcom (I almost typed capcom there:laugh:) to go back to them if nothing is done by this comming monday. Ofcom themselves have supposedly been in contact and Ive sent several emails and they have all been ignored. I would go to CISAS but they won't touch the case untill 3 months have passed.

It feels as if they are trying to make me pay up another month so they can try and charge me for another years contract! I am going to cancel my bank card tomorrow so they will get a shock if they do try it.

jockdownsouth

Pro Member
Like Lobster1 I'm a refugee from V21. I reminded them of my free month on 19 October through the Medusa portal but as yet no reply. Strangely, I can only find a record of 11 payments so far so perhaps the free month isn't actually due yet.

As an existing Sky customer I am thinking of going for their all-in package. Yes, I've read the less than complimentary reviews but my step-daughter in Hove and a friend in Scotland have both gone over to it and are happy.

lobster1

Like Lobster1 I'm a refugee from V21. I reminded them of my free month on 19 October through the Medusa portal but as yet no reply. Strangely, I can only find a record of 11 payments so far so perhaps the free month isn't actually due yet.

if you are using the invoices recorded in medusa to count payments you will only find 11 (except for the spurious one for next month)
there is no record or reference in medusa of the payment made on signing up with ezee.
add this to your 11 invoices which im sure you will have paid as they very quickly excommunicate you from the internet if you dont pay up front.

also remember when we signed up the first month was paid up front but the invoice for the next month was issued almost immediately and is the 1st invoice that shows up in medusa.
if medusa was better thought out it would be possible to view all payments actually made

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2188)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1602)
  5. Politics (1421)
  6. Openreach (1415)
  7. Business (1234)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1034)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (895)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (594)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (514)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules