Sponsored Links

Morecambe fttp

Gingeee85

Top Member
Looks like the fttp rollout has begun in morecambe, morrison telecom vans rolling around pulling fibre cables. It only changed on the open reach map to yellow 4 days ago. Finally might have it by the end of the yeat

Hey, Unfortunately the roll out has been paused. I had an openreach engineer today and I mentioned that we turned yellow on the fiber first map, I'm from Morecambe too. Maybe it's false information but we will see. Was looking forward to FTTP speeds as I only get 80/20 right now with FTTC.

lucky you haha, i got 40-10 on fttc. they were by the shrimp roundabout, had the signs up saying fibre laying. as far as im aware all the work is to be done by morrison in the laying department

Sponsored Links
I have seen a lot of them vans outside the exchange, I live outside it, So there's a lot going on. Maybe the information was fake

A little hole and white markings have appeard at the hole next to me yesterday, im hoping it means its prep work for cable pulling. The pole is blocked off with key workee signs. Looks like the cable will be pulled up it if it is indeed fibre. Not sure how the works commence or anything

My exchange area is at the early stage of FTTP work as well. It appears that the roll-out is done in phases. Ducts and poles are checked. I have seen some ducts repaired, and I guess that is where you are at in Morecambe. Presumably other teams have to install aggregation nodes and splitter nodes as well as any upgrades to equipment(to handle capacity) in "exchange" buildings.

Sponsored Links
For us morrison are carrying out all the civils and stuff. I mean it could be nothing, iv not checked any surrounding streets yet not the best pick, but thats the markings and you might be able to see the hole they have dug next to it

Looking outside my window I have seen a lot of openreach and Morrison engineers at the exchange. I've been told they are working their way in. So my area will be last to get connected as I'm about 190m away from the exchange... let me know if you guys have anymore information about this.

edit: drove through town centre, morrisons marking up pavements and stuff by the bottom of the arndale on euston road, so they are deffo getting ready to start laying and civil work

Im thinking of email morrisons and asking what the roll out plan is, surely you work your way from the exchange outwards. I cant imagine it will take more than 9 months to do the morecambe area marked out on the openreach map

Last edited:
Where abouts exactly. On the Exchange side near the post office or near the Travellodge?. I want to go investigate.

Sponsored Links
Updated this Could be nothing... however, I was on my way home from work last night just before 12PM. And I saw a Sapphire utility solutions van at the 2nd morrisons roundabouts just as you're about to go onto the road where the exchange is. Reading about them they do looks into underground ducts and report back to whoever. This could be nothing but does it sound promising?

I havent seen anything for a couple weeks but working alot. If there running from pedder street sounds like they are running from the exchange outwards. Be nice if morrisons telecom services actually put out a statement or something. See news on here everyday of fibre starting to be laid. But not about morecambe haha

Sponsored Links
Have you seen anything else? Iv not seen anything at all this past week
Absolutely nothing. The exchange has been opening late (Way after 6pm) I can see lights on during the night too. As far as morrison or anything else as far as laying cables go I've seen nothing, Not even efforts to be installing FTTP filters on poles and or updating the map on openreaches website.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules