Sponsored Links

Morecambe fttp

Im guessing now that this is the calm before the storm, they will have to get roadworks clearence ect. I keep checking the council website. They could be down small side streets or anything.

I sent an e-mail to Openreach asking about it and this is the response I got from them:

------

Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband.

I’ve looked into your enquiry for the Property address and the great news is that we will have some fantastic connectivity options for both the property. I can see the fibre equipment these properties are connected to is getting an upgrade. This will serve with fibre to the premises.

Our engineering will take place over the coming year/s. If everything goes to plan, fibre broadband should be available to order by the end of April 2022.

We’d love to keep you up to date with our progress. To receive any future updates please go to our fibre checker, input your postcode, choose your address from the drop-down, then scroll past the availability information and complete the Gigabit Fibre form and we’ll update you once plans change. www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband.

Openreach doesn’t provide phone, broadband or TV services directly to anyone so to get these services you’ll need to contact a service provider to find out about the packages they can offer you and the speeds that you’re likely to get.

You can find a list of providers here

FTTP https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttp-providers

I’m sorry that we can’t offer you an immediate solution. But once the works complete you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of fibre broadband.

If you need to contact us further please use the following link, as the email account I’m writing to you from doesn’t accept replies. https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband-availability-customer

Regards,

that is along time but iv lived long enough without it haha, been on lancashire gov and there is roadworks for bt coming up this week in the west end for excavation to clear ducts for spine cable'ing works, i cant figure out how this is going, from the exchange (would make sense) or inwards like you said junior.

Sponsored Links
Seems our area including Heysham and now lancaster are in scope for a completed build for 2024. However I had a response from openreach and they do say April 2022. So I wonder who's information is correct.

they have no wadded heysham to that, it wasnt on there originally, i have a feeling the town centre up to end of balmoral that was originally stated will be the first area coverd, so 2022 proberbly for you

Sponsored Links
I'm on St John's just past Balmoral and there's loads of activity. Duct work, nodes and fibre cables added to telegraph poles

Iv seen alot of work going on in places virgin already are. Bt are also laying in carnforth even though that area was coverd by b4rn 2 years ago. Still no work in my area yet. Can you tell im salty haha

Seems to be an awful lot of work going on near westend towards Heysham exchange. Considering I got told that I will be able to order FTTP by April 2022. It doesn't seem very likely at the moment. Not even seen a fiber node installed on my pole. But in Westend there's loads!. The only bit of action was Morrison telling me they are "testing a cable run" outside my house. God knows what that means

Looking at the roadworks bulletins there is alot of work on the outskirts from top of balmoral inwards, and from the shrimp/broadway inwards aswell. They seem to be flying it out though, so i imagine it will hit the centre of town in the next 7 months id say, another thing iv noticed is these areas are heavy with schools so im guessing getting them areas out of the way in the 6 weeks holidays is a giod shout. Lancaster road is scheduled to start work soon

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules