Sponsored Links

Morecambe fttp

Did a delivery in the broadway area today, most of the poles i saw had the fibre signs and nodes on them, they are going up quick. I keep forgetting not all areas will be on the roadwork map as existing ducting can be used

Is there an easy way to find out if my local pole has it installed ? - Should they all have signs on them ? - Not really sure how to tell or what the nodes are supposed to look like.

Would it be obvious by looking ?

You'll definitely notice the Fiber node. The biggest giveaway is the cable coming from it. It will have a yellow band around it near the top.

Thanks. Just had a look out of the window at ours and there is a square black box almost at the top of it but no sign of anything yellow. That might have always been there, not sure.

That's not the one you want.

It looks like this (not my image)

Attachments

• 20200722_153519.jpg
    20200722_153519.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 139
Wonder how long it will take them to do my pole. Not even a bike can get down my alleyway. I'm sure they'll just throw it up on a ladder haha.

The ones with the things like that picture all had a little yellow sign at eyesight saying caution overhead fibre cable

The ones with the things like that picture all had a little yellow sign at eyesight saying caution overhead fibre cable
Aye mines has that too in my garden. (Up in scotland) So it must be a pretty universal thing.

Fttp has now been switched on in St John's Rd area, only available through BT at the moment - up to 900Mb

Wow. I thought Morecambe was getting it first. Or is st johns Road classed as Morecambe?, Also how did you find this out

...another local here.... does any one know plans for streets supplied underground eg have the agreed with Virgin to use their ducts ? On the face of it that sounds a simple and good idea which is why it may not happern lol. OT I have seen a couple of surveys on my street which has made me wonder if they plan to site a new cab on it.

Terran

Wow. I thought Morecambe was getting it first. Or is st johns Road classed as Morecambe?, Also how did you find this out\
I thought that this could be a Proof Of Concept test for the area on the way to Heysham where new cabs have been installed on the main street near coop.

T

Sorry, Where did you say the new cabs where?, The CO-OP in Heysham [Small or Big] or CO-OP in westend.

I'm sure those cabs have been there for some time?, I work close to them and i haven't seen anything been done with them for a long time now

I'm sure those cabs have been there for some time?, I work close to them and i haven't seen anything been done with them for a long time now
Hi - About 6 months ago they where changed and expanded. Pretty sure it was Morrisons as I have been on the watch for them since been given the contract.

T

Ahh ok. Pretty upset about St Johns road getting FTTP. I wonder how long it will be for me. [Live across the road from the Morecambe exchange] [296m away] Still no Fiber node on my pole :(

Ahh ok. Pretty upset about St Johns road getting FTTP. I wonder how long it will be for me. [Live across the road from the Morecambe exchange] [296m away] Still no Fiber node on my pole :(
I way further out and expect to be one of the last based on thr FTTC roll out.

T

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules