Sponsored Links

Morecambe fttp

i did not know that, looks like alot of work going on from the 19th here

edit: now showing up on lancs roadworks as duct blockages, which they went around doing back in november

Last edited:
Virgin installing tee's on my road this week!, Noticed that poulton road and greenstreet has got the fiber CBT's on the poles! They did not have them on them about 2 days ago they did it fast. Absolutely no plans at all for openreach on central drive.

It sucks because it's expensive for the virgin 1.1gbps package compared to fttp 900mbps packages:(

iv notice virgin media seem to be putting alot o0f there new work as clearing ducts for customer connections, even though some places dont even have equiptment on the street, the cbt's on carlton street went up in a day, im hoping ours might go up soon after the dig to unblock ducts again starts on the 19th. they were already here in november so must be new blockages.

iv notice virgin media seem to be putting alot o0f there new work as clearing ducts for customer connections, even though some places dont even have equiptment on the street, the cbt's on carlton street went up in a day, im hoping ours might go up soon after the dig to unblock ducts again starts on the 19th. they were already here in november so must be new blockages.
They know FTTP is coming... always helped me keeping my BT price down with Virgin running to my door :)

T

They know FTTP is coming... always helped me keeping my BT price down with Virgin running to my door :)

T
im hoping once im on fibre it wont be too much to upgrade to the 500 plan, its the standard 100 they give you with the free upgrade

Virgin works behind my house 12th to the 16th, It’s been granted but I can’t find it on MAIRO only BIDB :/

if its only just gone on the bidb then you wont see it until monday on lancashire site, dashboard had bt granted on my street the day before it came on there

Got some information, They are installing a Tee in the footpath of my alley way, Can someone explain this to me?

Got some information, They are installing a Tee in the footpath of my alley way, Can someone explain this to me?
A swept tee is literally a swept (gentle 90-degree) elbow bend into their underground ducts that allows a drop cable connection that will serve your premises to be connected back to a CBT (usually) located in nearest underground footway chamber.

A swept tee is literally a swept (gentle 90-degree) elbow bend into their underground ducts that allows a drop cable connection that will serve your premises to be connected back to a CBT (usually) located in nearest underground footway chamber.
Fantastic, This is Virgin doing this, It’s the whole back alley, I’m guessing they’ll install a tee outside every premises?

Generally yes. VM can also be seen to share the same duct with several properties, esp. in terraced and semi-detached properties.
Thank you for the information, I wonder when I’m going to be able to order the service, Would you know a time scale?, I have had emails from Virgin letting me know they are a few months away.

Can confirm, the VM RFoG here I share with my neighbour (semi-detached)
Most of London too. Usually not very pretty at all, as its been there ages, and typically not well protected often with splitters/taps etc literally hanging off. Messy at best.

Last edited:
whats a green and yellowish cable some telecoms use? seen a big cable being pulled from a green cab when i was on my way home from work today

whats a green and yellowish cable some telecoms use? seen a big cable being pulled from a green cab when i was on my way home from work today
Green+yellow is (safety) earth colour for copper (in sparky land)
Narrow yellow stripe on (usually) black sheath indicates fibre (for public telecoms)

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules