Sponsored Links

Morecambe fttp

well the brackets have started going on the poles here, so looking good for me soon, just the brackets though, no cbt's yet, but bt's scheduled work in the 18th for 4 days

That’s amazing news. Nothing on my alley in terms of brackets or wire ready for the CBT. I’m going to be the last of last 😂

just to clarify...

Virgin don't use any CBTs (be they U/G in footway boxes, up a pole or on a wall).

CBTs are used by Openreach for their FTTP rollout.

If Virgin are installing their own RFoG fibre or XGS-PON based fibre then it will be via their own (green) ducted network back to their street cabinet furniture.

ok thanks, that confirms they are brackets for the cbt then, so they must be adding cbt when doing ducts work and stuff maybe

Yay... Engineer is currently working on connecting what looks to be quite a number of streets to a node at the end of mine. Can't be far away from go live now.

Defo feels a lot faster than the fttc roll out.

T

Yay... Engineer is currently working on connecting what looks to be quite a number of streets to a node at the end of mine. Can't be far away from go live now.

T
Keep us updated sir :D

ok thanks, that confirms they are brackets for the cbt then, so they must be adding cbt when doing ducts work and stuff maybe
Email from Virgin, They said they've been held up. Might've been why the building work didn't go ahead on my alleyway, This isn't giving me hope for OR

T
bt still havent started work they were due to start yesterday, all poles have a bracket on them, and fibre signs, no cbt, i also got a email from virgin saying they will be delayed getting to our area now, they havent turned up to any roadworks they put in for

Email from Virgin, They said they've been held up. Might've been why the building work didn't go ahead on my alleyway, This isn't giving me hope for OR
same, think they jumped the gun on how much work they could do, they have been putting in roadworks for all over

well or never did do any work on the days they had the planning permission for digging, all we have had is there square brackets go up everywhere, no cbt's or anything, still down the pecking order, i hope hope by the time winter rolls in we might have it haha

The pole on james street going at the top has FTTP gear on it. It's not live yet, That must've been installed yesterday as Monday they weren't there. So many poles with CBT's on them that aren't live yet.

The pole on james street going at the top has FTTP gear on it. It's not live yet, That must've been installed yesterday as Monday they weren't there. So many poles with CBT's on them that aren't live yet.
I did take the oppertunity to speak to the engineer when he was doing my node and asked him when it would be live. He thought it could be a couple of weeks as the back haul was not on yet so that could be why not every thing is done yet as there are other things that can be.

Just a thought.

T

well im now at home with the rona virus for a few days, still no work bt were scheduled to do, although the water company are busy and noisy haha

and now iv wrote this, naturally the street has bt vans everywhere, not a clue what there up to as cant really go and speak to them

Last edited:
so iv just been on a walk to the shop, had a look at these square backplates that have appeard on the poles, it looks like it snot openreach equiptment as they haver appeard on poles that already have cbt's on aswell, iv not heard of any alt-nets in our area. bt completed there dig works aswell by the look of it. im confused with it all now

CBT’s are up on my pole

Attachments

• 468AD2AA-B4C5-4A4F-B01A-D931BB9F4C43.jpeg
    468AD2AA-B4C5-4A4F-B01A-D931BB9F4C43.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 84
they have started putting cbts on the street behind me, they are not on the same metal looking bracket yours are on though, its like a flat square, might be on my street soon, one can hope haha

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules