Sponsored Links

Morecambe fttp

I think they are mounted to the triangle brackets because of how many homes are connected to the pole to make sure there is enough capacity. I’ll let you guys know once I’m live, It will probably be a year 😂
they have started putting cbts on the street behind me, they are not on the same metal looking bracket yours are on though, its like a flat square, might be on my street soon, one can hope haha

Just been on the phone to sky,

Listening to what they've told me, It won't be live until the whole area has been upgraded.

So it won't go live in terms of just 1 pole at a time.

Just been on the phone to sky,

Listening to what they've told me, It won't be live until the whole area has been upgraded.

So it won't go live in terms of just 1 pole at a time.
the question is what determins the area, is it going to be the whole area around the arndale?

What’s this?

Attachments

• 89DE4F0D-B141-49AE-9EF4-4BBF015D5CCB.jpeg
    89DE4F0D-B141-49AE-9EF4-4BBF015D5CCB.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 117
bt currently everywhere with the tents popped up and engineers in them, they have done half the street behind me and dissapeard i wonder if that black box thing @Junior20 has something to do with all these square brackets iv seen being put up

Everyday morrison and OR have been on my street/back alley doing work, They seem to be cracking on with it fast. However they've left out 1 pole out of all the surrounding ones. I wonder why?

Everyday morrison and OR have been on my street/back alley doing work, They seem to be cracking on with it fast. However they've left out 1 pole out of all the surrounding ones. I wonder why?
haha i have no idea how or why they do stuff they way they do, the have done 1 pole on battismore, half of corringham road, all of carlton street and only half of hestham avenue, schola green not even touched, its baffling

Are they doing pole to pole links or cabling up each pole separately from the ground?

It may be that they are having duct issues with that particular pole and it requires rodding. If they're already doing pole to pole then I have no idea!

Are they doing pole to pole links or cabling up each pole separately from the ground?

It may be that they are having duct issues with that particular pole and it requires rodding. If they're already doing pole to pole then I have no idea!
The pole that feeds my home seems to come from the 2nd pole with 3 cables going to the CBT's, Does this sound right?. Then there's coiled up cable on the 2nd pole, Does this mean that the poles haven't been connected yet? The 3rd pole has nothing on it other than the fttc box.

Someone might be able to clarify, What’s the huge amounts of cable that are reeled up towards the bottom of the pole?, Are they fiber cables ready to get put into the ground?

Any chance you can you post up a photo of that cabling?
Sure, My mate is getting virgin installed a week from today. When it’s live, I’ll post a picture. The virgin engineer said the line will be coming from the pole into the house.

Sure, My mate is getting virgin installed a week from today. When it’s live, I’ll post a picture. The virgin engineer said the line will be coming from the pole into the house.
Many thanks.

If your mate gets a brown omni-box like this installed on the outside wall of his house. Then it will house an ONU like this, for their RFoG (FTTP) - so rather than coax it could well be FTTP (RFoG).

so virgin have installed the backplates on all these poles, was going to say bt are still going on the pole with there method, these poles are going to be over crowded haha

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5512)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules