Sponsored Links

Morecambe fttp

has virgin on my street yesterday, wasnt diggin, but there was alot of vans, suppose we will find out if them brackets are for them on the poles haha

A lot of premises have gone live for FTTP. They just aren’t showing on thinkbroadband maps or BIDB. Still not me though. The CBT cables are still on the pole waiting to be connected too which is strange unless they are the cables to go to the other pole that doesn’t have the CBTs on them yet as they are very short

bt have been in the underground chamber by my house today, no cbt, but the thing aint put back in properly (slightly raised on 1 side). they have been doing digging at the top of battismore/west end road. hoping we might start seeing cbt's appear on all the post that havent got it yet now

Just had this through direct from open reach... I expect BT (my isp) will be in touch soon.

Our engineers have just finished upgrading your area to Ultrafast Full Fibre broadband. That means right now you have access to the UK's most reliable network, with speeds of up to 1Gbps†(that's 1,000Mbps).

The benefits in a nutshell
  • 10x faster* than the average UK broadband connection
  • 5x more reliable** than any previous network
  • Connect all your devices at once with more reliable speeds
What is Ultrafast Full Fibre?

Simply put, it's the UK's most reliable broadband. Most homes and offices in the UK have 'Fibre to the Cabinet' which uses part fibre, part copper to get you connected. With Ultrafast Full Fibre broadband there's a fibre optic cable all the way from the exchange directly to your door.

Ready to make the switch?

Find out how to upgrade to Ultrafast Full Fibre here: www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband. As always, Openreach builds and maintains the network, but your broadband is still supplied by a service provider like Sky, Zen, BT, or one of the other 650+ partners we work with.

Best regards,

Sam
Openreach

* Based on data from Ofcom 'UK home broadband performance, measurement period November 2020'
** Based on data from Ofcom 'Building a full-fibre future' report 2018
† Communication providers may carry different package speeds with the current maximum average speed of 900Mbps at May 2021

nice, you will have to let us know how to the install goes for the free upgrade you get
Will do... I hope to hear soon.

Sky also dropped leaflets this week too.

That said the upcoming strike (and I'm pretty sure the cwu will vote yes) might put pay to the install been quick.

T

Can someone please tell me why OR still haven't done anything with the fibre cables that are coiled up on the pole?

I've seen A.K rates and morrison messing around in the alley but no progress has been made

Can someone please tell me why OR still haven't done anything with the fibre cables that are coiled up on the pole?

I've seen A.K rates and morrison messing around in the alley but no progress has been made
im guessing they will be waiting on the team to connect them thats all

Builds are carried out in parallel across the country - literally at a rate of approx. 50 to 70,000 premises passed per week in the case of Openreach.

It’s a consequence of managing such a parallel rollout that unforeseen difficulties and hence delays, stops/starts, arise in many aspects of the build.

Together with having finite resources (human and supply chain) and work force planning, challenges and constraints with roadworks permits, way-leave issues etc, etc. it is rare for all works in a given patch therefore to be carried out, as a lay person would reasonably expect, in strictly sequential order.

It’s not easy or straightforward unfortunately.

There are areas near me that have had CBTs tied up at the base for well over half a year now. They sit inside patches of active FTTP service from Openreach.

Sorry, but its anyone's guess as to how long they could stay like that for. As @Pheasant said, it is all parallel deployment and not sequential. It'll be fitted at some point, though.

All surrounding streets are live for FTTP. Euston grove next to me is live, The only streets that aren't are the ones connected to my pole :(

euston grove is not live, my parents live on there, they use the same poles in the alley
These just went up
282AD921-FA04-4D57-8CEE-21148CF98215.jpeg

only part of it is live then mate, my parents house is not, they have just changed provider and no option

Spoke to A.K Rates this morning, They were in the manhole and said they've ran into an issue with the fibre splicing... Oh no

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5507)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2534)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2259)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1970)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1661)
  11. Virgin Media (1615)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1458)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1388)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules