Sponsored

Moving to NDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotsman36

Pro Member
like I said before to try a better quality cable made by Belkin and also either a Fujitsu/XF-1e ADSL filter because they are made to higher standards than the old/cheap and nasty types still being sold these days! You do need a good quality filter to seperate low frequency signals from the ADSL high frequency otherwise you will get noise on the ADSL line. Likes of Fujitsu/XF-1e filters they are of the newer type that are compatible with Sky Digiboxes and BT's Caller ID because the cheaper ones cannot filter out properly those signals. Also, even a new cable MODEM cable can be faulty and so I say again buy the recommend Belkin cable shown in the previous link !

It could even the case that your ADSL filter is not working properly;

Here's a link showing a review of some filters;

http://www.adslnation.com/support/filters.php

Another possibility is that you need to replace your internal telephone wire and/or your phone point(s) ? The type known as crossed telephones wires down a single cable help resist EMI/RFI interference and better still if it's shielded. So you need to track where the telephone goes around the house and see if there is any speakers, power packs or something similar that can create an electrical field of interference near to it.

Last edited:
okay will do

i have noticed that my phone point goes through a small box inside my house before it actually goes to the phone point i can take a pic if you fancy seeing what it is maybe you would know.

I have not noticed this at any of my other properties

thanks

Scotsman36

Pro Member
Mostly all of the homes have got that small box and that's to allow for an additional telephone line to run from it because you get two sets of telephone wires coming into a house through the main cable. Also, that small box protects the main cable coming into the house from being further trimmmed back because you only attach from that small box to the telephone Master Box/Point.

Yes do take a photo of it and if you can take a photo of the phone box outside your home because that will allow me know to what kind of connection you're getting ?

Last edited:

Olly

Top Member
Scotsman36 said:
What make of ADSL filter are you using, modem cable and are you using a phone doubler or a very extension cable ?

Why do you spam so much? 3 posts one after another within minutes! You do it all the time...

garethh

PCFreak said:
Why do you spam so much?

Ermmm.... how is it spam exactly?

It's users offering help and advice to each other.

Posting 3 messages in a row on a forum is hardly spamming (in my opinion)

Gareth

Olly

Top Member
I would call it spamming because you can always edit the last post to put the information in :rolleyes:

garethh

PCFreak said:
I would call it spamming because you can always edit the last post to put the information in

Sorry -- multiple posts on a forum cannot be classed as spamming.

Perhaps Scotsman just finds it easier to post multiple responses rather than edit the post.

Neither you, I or anyone else are here to judge his reasons for doing so.

Forums ae all about users interacting with each other. No-one is forcing you to read "multiple posts" or indeed a thread.

Gareth

Last edited:

Scotsman36

Pro Member
Gareth is absolutely correct and it's called interaction between two people and it's easier this way by doing it in a linear fashion so that he/she know that I am responding to their last post and vice versa !

Thankyou again Gareth !

Faces Of Death

Sorry to add to an old thread but hardcore you were sticking up for AOL and basically saying what a brilliant service it is and that you and millions were happy with it so i should stop complaining about it, I was telling everybody to avoid it at all costs and you were trying to tell me AOL is basically the dogs b*ll*cks, it seems you were misinforming everybody and you arent actually happy with your AOL service, so why the lies? was i right in saying you are just trying to say AOL is good to try and prove to yourself that you didnt make a mistake by going with them, when its all to clear you did make a mistake by choosing them or rather falling for them, i just get angry when people like yourself who truley dont like your service and know for a fact its an inferior product try and tout it to others just to try and make yourself feel better.

I realise this post sounds pretentious and it is but i just cant word it any other way.

My advice ditch AOL go with NDO and use a router, nobody with a brain in their head should have to use AOL and thats a fact, i once made the mistake nobody else should have to. 'millions of happy customers' not quite 'millions of people who dont know any better' and 'a fair few thousand sat on hold on the cancellation department line'

You may not like me and the way i word everything you may pick out grammatical and spelling errors but the facts are AOL stinks and we all know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.50 (*22.50)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • TalkTalk £21.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £21.99 (*30.99)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £23.50 (*26.50)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Gigaclear £24.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 300Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: ROKUGIFT
  • Community Fibre £27.50 (*32.50)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: First 6 Months Free
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*52.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3667)
  2. BT (3044)
  3. Politics (1975)
  4. Building Digital UK (1945)
  5. FTTC (1897)
  6. Openreach (1862)
  7. Business (1717)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1501)
  9. Statistics (1430)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1295)
  12. Virgin Media (1196)
  13. Fibre Optic (1184)
  14. Wireless Internet (1176)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1167)
  16. Vodafone (859)
  17. EE (845)
  18. 5G (792)
  19. TalkTalk (781)
  20. Sky Broadband (757)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules