Sponsored Links

MSP response to the R100 legal challenge by Gigaclear

Well,

I contacted my local MSP who forwarded on the enquiry regarding the basis of and potential length of the delay to Mr Paul Stephenson MSP.

Today I received a lengthy almost 2 page reply, spectacularly avoiding answering the questions asked in true politician style.

My thanks to Stewart Stephenson for his enquires, but what a waste of time for all concerned'

Gary

I've recently done an interview with the R100 team but have yet to write it up. I did ask about the Gigaclear issue but for obvious reasons didn't get much feedback (once a legal case begins then the reality is they can't say much until it's sorted).

Hi Mark,

Amongst other questions the main thrust of the request was that while specifics may be confidential, the General nature of the challenge can't surely be confidential. That to stall a major government procurement without some disclosure of the basic reasoning was not in the public interest.

Mr Wheelhouse merely stated that the decision was challenged by Gigaclear and thus the contract could not be signed.

In my request i was quite clear that i understood sensitive commercial detail would be unreasonable to release. I think their response is very poor to be honest.

If someone is accused and charged with murder, that ok to report, so how is the general issue of the objection raised by Gigaclear different.

I also requested information regarding the potential length of the delay, again zero information returned.

I did get a full page trumpeting the R100 commitments and aspirations of the Scottish Gov.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules